2007 Subaru Forester Consumer Review: Sporty, Fun to drive, Corners,

2007 Subaru Forester - Consumer Review

Sports 2.5 X Wagon (2.5L 4-cyl. AWD 5-speed Manual)

Sporty, Fun to drive, Corners, Off Road
By DesertRider on

2007 Subaru Forester Sports 2.5 X 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Owned for 1 month. Lots of fun to drive - corners like a sports car, gets decent mileage - and will climb like a 4WD vehicle. I tested it at the dealer on a nasty climb, and it shone. The responsiveness, compared to the Toyota RAV4, sold me. Gas mileage not as good as rated, but still decent. Averaging 20 - 21 with city driving. It's just plain fun to drive (even though it's not the turbo) and I find I like it more, day by day. I wanted 1. Good gas mileage. 2. The ability to carry things/tow. 3. Off road capability. 4. Reliability. I can't speak to the reliability yet, and I've been working too much to wander in the backcountry offroad - but on the other two counts, thus far, it delivers.

The moon roof is lovely. The heated seats complement it. The steering is incredibly responsive - the vehicle corners well, and feels solid on the road. Visibility is good.

The stereo (I have the upgraded satellite radio etc.) is terrible. White noise and low level buzz are present using all audio sources. The steering wheel should telescope - it's just far enough away to put strain on your arms - though for the sake of your legs, you don't want to move close.