2007 Subaru Forester Consumer Review: Perforated Rust on a 2+ year o

2007 Subaru Forester Wagon - Consumer Review

Perforated Rust on a 2+ year old Subi
By Karen on

2007 Subaru Forester 2.5 X Premium Package 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

After doing careful research on the internet and speaking to some Subi owners I decided to buy my first Subi. Everything was going well until I found perforated rust on the rear hatch door and on all the door bolts and in other places under the hood. While Subaru replaced the door and changed all the bolts, I no longer feel that this vehicle's body had integrity. What about the rust that may exist in the door panels? Will the rust rear its ugly head after the 5 year warranty? This rust problem existed on cars 20 yrs ago, not today. This uncertainty has led me to trade in my Subi for a different car make altogether. I can no longer trust a Subaru, which is too bad.

It's ruggedness and excellent handling in Chicago's winters. Best vehicle so far in the snow, sleet and rain. Always felt confident it could handle any condition.

Use galvanized steel,and quality body material. Also needs a better sound system. Most companies get into trouble when they get greedy and start skimping on quality.