Forester Sport XT - Manual
By Gordon S on
2007 Subaru Forester Sports 2.5 X 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)
Looking for a small wagon with a ton-of-fun factor, then this is for you! Mine has a short-throw shifter, turbo gauge (visual toy) and heated leather seats (to warm ones hide on those chilly Minnesota Winters mornings). Our car delivered us to Colorado skiing, pheasant hunting in SD and canoeing in the BWCA, while allowing us to enjoy the scenery through the panoramic moon roof. The Forester Sport handles all tasks with ease, and the AWD triumphs over any treacherous weather condition encountered. It readily tows (2.4K lbs) with the trailer pkg, allowing us to haul our gear to the cabin and back with a minimum of fuss/muss. I can't say enough good about this car, it does what I need it to do
Favorite Features
The cars acceleration and nimble handling are quite phenomenal for a station-wagon/SUV hybrid. The interior is nicely appointed (automatic climate control, killer sound system), and the Sport has many of the luxury accoutrements (auto dimmer/compass mirror, cruise-control, heated-seats, etc.) desired.
Suggested Improvements
Short-falls on the Sport are primarily of personal taste. I hate the fact they don't allow you to purchase a Limited (i.e., with all the bells/whistles) if you want a stick. I also didn't like having to pay for a leather interior, as it isn't an option on the Sport (love it though once installed)