First Subaru
By Hershey on
2007 Subaru Forester Sports 2.5 X 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)
This is my first Subaru and the AWD is excellent. After spending a good bit of time in the car you begin to realize that they are cheaply outfitted. The carpet is the skimpiest I have seen used in a car, the center console armrest is not well constructed and most of the storage is so small that it is only useful for storing gas receipts. The engine is a plus as the performance is good for a 4 cyl and the automatic transmission shifts well. The car performs well on snow covered roads and give a vey secure feeling under most driving conditions. The MPG is fair at 22 around town and a little over 25 on the highway. The only problem so far is a loose speaker in the right front door.
Favorite Features
AWD is about the only plus, it does work well but there are a more good days than bad so I would not let the AWD feature guide my purchase. If you are looking to purchase one of these, I recommend that you rent one for a week and put some time in it. A test drive at a dealership is not enough.
Suggested Improvements
Lots of work to do on the interior materials quality and overall tinny construction. All in all I'm glad I tried the Subaru but would not do so again due to the general lack of quality other than the engine and AWD. Subaru's are way over rated & you should look elsewhere for better build quality.