2007 Subaru Forester Consumer Review: A Fine Small SUV

2007 Subaru Forester - Consumer Review

A Fine Small SUV
By KJN on

2007 Subaru Forester 2.5 X Premium Package 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

My first new car in 25 years. It has exceeded just about all my expectations. It's great fun to drive and very responsive. It towed my pontoon boat with no problems. I've abused it with weekend excursions along the back roads of the Eglin AFB reservation -- sandy, soft roads often with deep mudholes. Came close, but haven't been able to get it stuck yet! And I've pulled out a few other drivers along the way. Don't get it into water too deep, though -- you'll ruin your charcoal canister, and they're expensive! My overall average fuel economy since new is 25.63 mpg -- that's with complete records through 62,000 miles. I enjoy this car thoroughly and would buy another in a heartbeat!

All wheel drive, huge sunroof, great fuel economy for an AWD car, excellent paint quality, excellent performance on extremely poor roads.

Not impressed with fasteners for plastic panels under car -- they're impossible to open without ruining them. Also not impressed with oil filter accessibility.