2007 Subaru Forester Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forester model:
Fun to Drive
By Joe on 10/30/07 14:08 PM (PDT)

2007 Subaru Forester Wagon 2.5 XT Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

This is my first Subaru. While I am generally very pleased, I have had the car back in shop 4 times in six months to correct defective center blower vents. That problem aside, it has been a great car.

Great little suv
By Doug on 10/24/07 07:45 AM (PDT)

2007 Subaru Forester Wagon 2.5 X Premium Package 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I drove 2 Lexus RXs for 6 years before this little suv. I wanted better gas mileage at $3 per gallon. I am surprised at how pleased I am. Great handling. Much more fun to drive. And still pulls my boat adequately.

Great SUV, best in class
By Mark on 10/23/07 20:58 PM (PDT)

2007 Subaru Forester Wagon 2.5 XT Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

After looking around for awhile, I'm glad I finally settled on the Subaru Forester, an absolute great SUV. Any one out there thinking about getting one, stop thinking and go get one. You'll love it, it's powerful, refined, luxurious and it has AWD!!

Defective
By nosubagn on 09/29/07 10:23 AM (PDT)

2007 Subaru Forester Wagon 2.5 X 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

The Forester sounds like it has a 10 year old muffler on it. Cold starts and growling highway noise are the worst offenders. The Subaru Tech said they were aware of the problem and there is no repair or fix at this time. I've been trying to get restitution from Subaru's customer service for two weeks. They don't even call back. Never again Subaru!

Super Compromise
By BrettRobi on 09/08/07 09:16 AM (PDT)

2007 Subaru Forester Wagon 2.5 XT Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

The Forester XT is a great compromise between practical and fun to drive. It has all the practicality of a Subaru with AWD, lots of room to haul stuff and the Subaru reputation, plus with the turbocharged engine it is a blast to drive. The Forester is a bit outdated in terms of electronic features, no navigation or trip computer, the windows and moonroof require the key to be on and other little niceties are missing. But a super car overall.

It makes you equal to the big SUVs
By 2008 Subaru Forester on 07/28/07 08:48 AM (PDT)

2007 Subaru Forester Wagon 2.5 X L.L.Bean Edition 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I loved this car immediately for the feeling of being equal and "up there" with the big SUVs. It has the small car handling with the bigger car space. The gas mileage is adequate. I feel good in this car.

Get more than you pay for plus fun drive
By Nightshade Bob on 07/03/07 08:06 AM (PDT)

2007 Subaru Forester Wagon Sports 2.5 XT 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

A sports car in disguise, a classic sleeper. Performance is similar to the WRX, and it doubles as a midsized family SUV and ski/soccer/beach hauling vehicle. Mom or Dad can drive their fun car, have decent gas mileage, and cart around all the family stuff in any weather or road conditions. It's a budget, sport, family SUV. So, for all it's plusses expect some cheapness, avg mileage, and the style and fit of a crossover off-road/family wagon. Still, above avg value, fun and practicality for the money, with good safety. Needs padded side columns, side curtain airbags, design that prevents water/snow drips on floor and seats, and a decent paint job to be a true 10.

Wonderful Car for a Reasonable Price
By phxk on 06/07/07 20:51 PM (PDT)

2007 Subaru Forester Wagon 2.5 X L.L.Bean Edition 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This is my first Subaru, but it won't be my last. I appreciate the features and attractive interior that come with the LL Bean model. The ride is quiet and smooth with responsive steering. It handles the hilly and curvy desert roads where I live quite nicely. The AWD leads to only a slightly stiffer ride as compared to my Camry, but I have found it to be less stiff than any of the other SUVs I tried (including Volvo). With the LL Bean model you get a lot of nice upgrades for a very reasonable price. The A/C also works very well in our extreme temperatures.

2nd Forester
By Gail on 05/14/07 12:11 PM (PDT)

2007 Subaru Forester Wagon 2.5 X L.L.Bean Edition 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This is my 2nd Forester and 3rd Subaru. I really love the control and ease of these cars. Deep snow doesn't bother them at all. I like that I don't have to push a button to use all wheel drive. My LL Bean is similar to my previous 2003 XS except it now has power seats. The new dual valve system has taught me to drive with a light foot, otherwise the mileage suffers. I also don't use my brakes as much because the engine slows the car down when you let up on the gas.

First Subaru
By Hershey on 05/11/07 21:29 PM (PDT)

2007 Subaru Forester Wagon 2.5 X 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This is my first Subaru and the AWD is excellent. After spending a good bit of time in the car you begin to realize that they are cheaply outfitted. The carpet is the skimpiest I have seen used in a car, the center console armrest is not well constructed and most of the storage is so small that it is only useful for storing gas receipts. The engine is a plus as the performance is good for a 4 cyl and the automatic transmission shifts well. The car performs well on snow covered roads and give a vey secure feeling under most driving conditions. The MPG is fair at 22 around town and a little over 25 on the highway. The only problem so far is a loose speaker in the right front door.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.