2007 Subaru Forester - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forester model:
Don't buy one!
By rusty on 03/19/08 18:46 PM (PDT)

2007 Subaru Forester 2.5 X Premium Package 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This Forester has been in the shop more than my garage. The Climate control took 4 return visits before it was repaired. The seat fabric frayed at the edges right away. The seat covers were replaced. The brakes started failing around 14K miles. My wife was afraid to drive the car. The dealership replaced the master brake cylinder. The seats are not comfortable at all. They are very hard. My legs go numb driving and as a passenger in this car. We bought this without a trade in and thought we were getting a car that would last. I don't think so. There are many switches on the dash and they are confusing. I will never buy a Subaru again. This is my first and last

Buy in 2008
By joann on 03/03/08 12:50 PM (PST)

2007 Subaru Forester Sports 2.5 X 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Forester ownership has been my greatest driving experience in the last 50 years. I have owned 11 cars over those years, and this is the best!! My 2007 Forester is perfect, an SUV that is not too wide, not too long and not too far off the ground. What more could you ask for? It is easy to drive, to wash and to fit in our garage. Thank you for designing Forester.

Road trips across USA
By colt on 02/24/08 15:43 PM (PST)

2007 Subaru Forester 2.5 X 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Took the '07 Forester on a X-country trip. Beginning in IN, traveled a total of 7,000 miles thru St Dak, Montana, ID, Wash, Ore, CA, and Nevada. From the snow in Montana to the desert in Death Valley the car was able to handle temperature extremes from 120 to 32 degrees! In Death Valley, the only problem experienced was a slight overheating and a need to turn the air conditioner off. Solved the problem, but made for a very warm journey through the valley!

Getting thrown back into your seat
By Surftaco on 02/18/08 00:09 AM (PST)

2007 Subaru Forester Sports 2.5 XT 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

So far I have this car for about a week now and let me tell you this sucker is fast! I average about 19 MPG in the city which is not bad at all for a 226hp turbo w/auto tranny. I get a lot of looks too. Due to the awesome WR Blue paint job.

Whoop-de-do
By Dave on 02/09/08 09:09 AM (PST)

2007 Subaru Forester Sports 2.5 X 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I now have 54000 miles on my Subaru with no major problems. The carpet on the driver's side and the heavy rubber floor mat did wear through at 32000 miles but was replaced under warranty. Just replaced the tires with Yoko Geolander A/T-S. THIS is the tire that should have from the factory.

Think twice
By Impalabob on 01/04/08 14:56 PM (PST)

2007 Subaru Forester 2.5 X 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Think twice before buying this vehicle. We had a '98 & 2000 Forester. For the price, you couldn't ask for more. Purchased 2007 Forester in Jan. '07. Major complaint is the design area between the hood and windshield, the hidden vents, wiper motor, defroster, etc. Living in upstate New York, we have had three occasions where the snow & ice will accumulate on the wiper blades, arms, and in the space between hood & windshield, freezing, & preventing the wiper motor from working properly. Never happened with the '98 or 2000. Vents were on top & visible, not hidden. Subaru's answer, "get winter blades" or should have ordered premium pkg., $1000.+, includes deicer strip.

Forester after One Year
By FrannyForester on 12/21/07 15:07 PM (PST)

2007 Subaru Forester 2.5 X 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I have had my Forester for more than one year now. This is my first AT after 40 years on the road. It has been very dependable and is fun to drive. I have an aging mother who needs a walker, and the Forester accommodates it easily. Also, it is easier for her to enter than my previous car. I have had to drive in some severe weather, and the AT has proved easier to handle than I expected.

Not quite the dream car I thought
By Tom on 11/13/07 10:54 AM (PST)

2007 Subaru Forester 2.5 X 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

The concept of an affordable, reliable, highly rated, economical, AWD, almost SUV that can tow 2400# made this a dream car. But after 5000 miles I'm somewhat disappointed. The hillholder on the manual transmission is a PITA. It holds when you don't want it to and I feel like a drag racer winding up the engine and dumping the clutch to release it. If you're an experienced MT driver have them disconnect it before delivery. Otherwise, it's $40 to do it later. My other big disappointment is the cruise control, which slows/speeds up on ANY hill. The dealer says it's not supposed to work on hills but all my other cars have. They did a software fix today for the low speed lurching. We'll see.

SUV for Nor Cal
By German Silva Jr on 11/12/07 00:04 AM (PST)

2007 Subaru Forester 2.5 X Premium Package 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

My first Subie - love it. Every morning I can't wait to get behind the wheel and slam the RPMs near red line. By the way mine is non-turbo. Took it off-roading today in the Marine Headlands and handled perfect in mud, wet grass, gravel, and pouring rain. I'm planning on putting winter Blizzacks for winter driving to Tahoe to fully appreciate the AWD. Added a bra, cargo box liner, Weathertech floor mats (a MUST), synthetic oil after 1K. This will not be my last Subie. Bring the Forester STI to the States!!

Great Car for the Price
By HLC on 11/01/07 14:16 PM (PDT)

2007 Subaru Forester Sports 2.5 X 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This is a great car for the price (under $20K). It is fun to drive and it handles corners very well. The storage capacity is very reasonable for its small size. I love the AWD, but it does take getting used to if you've never had it before. Fuel economy is just ok (about 22-25 mpg), but it runs on regular gas which is a huge plus. I spent slightly more on my last new car (1995 Infiniti G20) and this one has nearly as many features. I looked at a lot of cars (Hondas, Toyotas, and luxury preowned) and the Forester is by far the best car for the price.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.