2007 Subaru Forester Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forester model:
Our second scooby
By tscascade1 on 01/06/10 22:38 PM (PST)

2007 Subaru Forester Wagon 2.5 X Premium Package 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

For those looking for a purely utilitarian vehicle, this is it. It eats up anything wet, snowy, or off pavement. Great for outdoorsy families. The unfortunate drawbacks are the ride quality and the noise. When driving this car I sometimes feel like the thing is on a Jell-o mold. The body roll,the acceleration squat, and the brake dive is annoying. It is also grossly underpowered for a 3200 pound cube. If you can bring yourself to do it, settle for the 4-speed automatic. The M/T feels like a broomstick connected to a pillow. Fortunately, it comes in turbo trim and may be worth the premium fuel cost to get the motor & suspension upgrades. In the end, at it's price point, nothing comes close!

SUV for Nor Cal
By German Silva Jr on 11/12/07 00:04 AM (PST)

2007 Subaru Forester Wagon 2.5 X Premium Package 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

My first Subie - love it. Every morning I can't wait to get behind the wheel and slam the RPMs near red line. By the way mine is non-turbo. Took it off-roading today in the Marine Headlands and handled perfect in mud, wet grass, gravel, and pouring rain. I'm planning on putting winter Blizzacks for winter driving to Tahoe to fully appreciate the AWD. Added a bra, cargo box liner, Weathertech floor mats (a MUST), synthetic oil after 1K. This will not be my last Subie. Bring the Forester STI to the States!!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.