2007 Subaru Forester - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forester model:
Not good gas mileage
By Delree todd on 10/24/08 15:49 PM (PDT)

2007 Subaru Forester 2.5 X L.L.Bean Edition 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car in July of 2007 and the combined city/road gas mileage was 24 mph. As of about 8000 miles, when it was supposed to be broken in and getting better gas mileage, it dropped to 17mph. I have had it checked and talked to the guys at the dealer only to be given a ton of excuses and suggestions. Like, use Premium gas, only use top of the line stations, mix the regular/premium gas and they couldn't come up with anything wrong with the car after checking the engine. Not only that, make sure you know the dealer service and don't let them over fill the oil. Mine was way over the fill line. Not happy with the SUB. Terrible carpeting and they won't replace it.

It makes you equal to the big SUVs
By 2008 Subaru Forester on 07/28/07 08:48 AM (PDT)

2007 Subaru Forester 2.5 X L.L.Bean Edition 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I loved this car immediately for the feeling of being equal and "up there" with the big SUVs. It has the small car handling with the bigger car space. The gas mileage is adequate. I feel good in this car.

Wonderful Car for a Reasonable Price
By phxk on 06/07/07 20:51 PM (PDT)

2007 Subaru Forester 2.5 X L.L.Bean Edition 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This is my first Subaru, but it won't be my last. I appreciate the features and attractive interior that come with the LL Bean model. The ride is quiet and smooth with responsive steering. It handles the hilly and curvy desert roads where I live quite nicely. The AWD leads to only a slightly stiffer ride as compared to my Camry, but I have found it to be less stiff than any of the other SUVs I tried (including Volvo). With the LL Bean model you get a lot of nice upgrades for a very reasonable price. The A/C also works very well in our extreme temperatures.

2nd Forester
By Gail on 05/14/07 12:11 PM (PDT)

2007 Subaru Forester 2.5 X L.L.Bean Edition 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This is my 2nd Forester and 3rd Subaru. I really love the control and ease of these cars. Deep snow doesn't bother them at all. I like that I don't have to push a button to use all wheel drive. My LL Bean is similar to my previous 2003 XS except it now has power seats. The new dual valve system has taught me to drive with a light foot, otherwise the mileage suffers. I also don't use my brakes as much because the engine slows the car down when you let up on the gas.

Forester - Fun!
By Jay Johnson on 03/03/07 05:00 AM (PST)

2007 Subaru Forester 2.5 X L.L.Bean Edition 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

The Forester is a fun vehicle. It feels safe and capable, making wet or icy conditions a breeze. Cargo space is abundant, allowing space for necessities and toys. A bicycle will fit inside without removing a wheel. The one we have is my wife's; I want another one for myself.

We now have a pair
By Barry M on 01/14/07 15:48 PM (PST)

2007 Subaru Forester 2.5 X L.L.Bean Edition 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Bought a 1998 Forester after only owning American cars. It now has 120K on it and I'm still driving it. The LL Bean has all the features including a sunroof that is larger than any I've seen, almost a convertible! The heated leather seats are my wife's favorite feature. My favorite feature is the cargo space (the LL Bean has the "tuff stuff" liner for durability) and the handling. No other car does AWD better. It laughs at Midwest winters. The new climate control is a good feature along with all the cup holders a man could want. The 6 disk sound system that plays MP3s is great, I don't hear the same tune for weeks! This won't be the last of the Foresters in our family.

Best Car Yet
By John's Forester on 11/28/06 02:33 AM (PST)

2007 Subaru Forester 2.5 X L.L.Bean Edition 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

The ride in this 2007 Forester is terrific, and apparently Subaru has made some minor changes that customers wanted: there's a holder for the iPod, for instance, and road noise is minimal. I've been driving small SUVs for about 10 years, and this is the best car yet--best handling, most comfortable,and best looking.

This for a 2007 Subaru Forester. A 2007!
By Bob on 10/18/06 09:51 AM (PDT)

2007 Subaru Forester 2.5 X L.L.Bean Edition 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Generally pleased with purchase. Tiny engine has great pickup and can climb hills. Car rides hard as though it needs shocks. Has all the characteristics of the old poorly made Japanese models of years ago. Car has "tinny" sound. Road noise is very objectionable. Can't hold conversation. It is only satisfactory as will be used for local trips only. Rate it 6 out of 10. Not worth cost.

2007 Forester Subaru--- LL Bean
By Bill on 10/04/06 19:00 PM (PDT)

2007 Subaru Forester 2.5 X L.L.Bean Edition 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Big fan of Subaru for over 20 years. This is the best vehicle I've ever owned. Living in Maine was quite the experience with the harsh winters. It would be 60 below zero in January and my Subaru would start every time. Also, excellent traction and control in the snow.

One week
By Linda Lee on 09/01/06 14:48 PM (PDT)

2007 Subaru Forester 2.5 X L.L.Bean Edition 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I like the "evenness" or the ride and the feeling of good control. It went off the road (2 tires on pavement, 2 on dirt) to avoid a head-on collision with no loss or compromise of control. I especially like the moonroof feature - perhaps I noticed this because it is summer and it hasn't rained yet. I like the built in audio aux jack.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.