2007 Subaru Forester - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forester model:
Not quite the dream car I thought
By Tom on 11/13/07 10:54 AM (PST)

2007 Subaru Forester 2.5 X 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

The concept of an affordable, reliable, highly rated, economical, AWD, almost SUV that can tow 2400# made this a dream car. But after 5000 miles I'm somewhat disappointed. The hillholder on the manual transmission is a PITA. It holds when you don't want it to and I feel like a drag racer winding up the engine and dumping the clutch to release it. If you're an experienced MT driver have them disconnect it before delivery. Otherwise, it's $40 to do it later. My other big disappointment is the cruise control, which slows/speeds up on ANY hill. The dealer says it's not supposed to work on hills but all my other cars have. They did a software fix today for the low speed lurching. We'll see.

Defective
By nosubagn on 09/29/07 10:23 AM (PDT)

2007 Subaru Forester 2.5 X 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

The Forester sounds like it has a 10 year old muffler on it. Cold starts and growling highway noise are the worst offenders. The Subaru Tech said they were aware of the problem and there is no repair or fix at this time. I've been trying to get restitution from Subaru's customer service for two weeks. They don't even call back. Never again Subaru!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.