2007 Subaru Forester - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forester model:
2007 Forester XT Sport, my 1st and last Subaru
By taun on 09/11/13 11:17 AM (PDT)

2007 Subaru Forester Sports 2.5 XT 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

I purchased a 2007 Forester XT Sport (the turbo version) with the expectation that I would be getting a car that was fun to drive, reliable, and had AWD. It has been anything, but reliable. At about 44k miles, the check engine light came on. When I went to have the car diagnosed, the dealer said I had P1410, P2431, P2432, and P2444 fault codes showing up indicating that I had a problem with the secondary air valve. That problem, was a $1200 fix, as my car was outside the 36k warranty. At 61k miles, the radiator cracked and sprayed fluid all over the engine bay. That was a $540 repair. Needless to say, I am done with this car and will not be buying another Subaru because of it.

After 4 Years of ownership, I still get excited to drive it.
By wakeabyss on 12/02/11 19:30 PM (PST)

2007 Subaru Forester Sports 2.5 XT 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Best car I've owned hands down. Very nimble, sporty, lightweight, and AWD is awesome

Great Value for the Money
By greydigger07 on 07/02/11 09:54 AM (PDT)

2007 Subaru Forester 2.5 X 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased the Forester after many months of comparison shopping and test drives and 15,000 miles later, I couldn't be happier with my choice. I get around 27 mpg from mostly highway driving and have the safety and security of AWD to boot! Last winter, Chicago had one of the worst snowstorms in its history. Despite whiteout conditions and huge snow drifts, my Forester got me home and was sure footed and confident the whole time. The car has great outward vision, decent pickup for merging and great handling thanks to its flat four and lower ride height. In my opinion, the Forester is perfect for someone who wants more space but doesn't want to give up the fun of a small car.

No more Subaru's for us
By j8509 on 05/31/11 15:55 PM (PDT)

2007 Subaru Forester 2.5 X 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I am writing this just in case someone is thinking of buying a new Subaru. This 2007 is my wifes second car and we have had major engine problems with both. Not only are they expensive to maintain but they do not have the long life they had in the past.

Weak Windshields
By emily on 08/04/10 07:09 AM (PDT)

2007 Subaru Forester 2.5 X 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Yes, windshield(s). In 2009, after owning the car for two years, driving the car on the highway, there is a crack in the windshield. Replaced the windshield and a year later in August 2010, driving car on the highway and there is a crack again. Had a Toyota Corolla from 1994-2006 and the car hood flew up into the windshield on the highway and there were ZERO cracks on the windshield. What is wrong with Subaru's windshields or window frame? It shouldn't crack so easily against rocks flying around on the highway. It's the highway, there is always going to be loose rocks. Perplexed.

Perforated Rust on a 2+ year old Subi
By Karen on 07/05/10 20:54 PM (PDT)

2007 Subaru Forester 2.5 X Premium Package 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

After doing careful research on the internet and speaking to some Subi owners I decided to buy my first Subi. Everything was going well until I found perforated rust on the rear hatch door and on all the door bolts and in other places under the hood. While Subaru replaced the door and changed all the bolts, I no longer feel that this vehicle's body had integrity. What about the rust that may exist in the door panels? Will the rust rear its ugly head after the 5 year warranty? This rust problem existed on cars 20 yrs ago, not today. This uncertainty has led me to trade in my Subi for a different car make altogether. I can no longer trust a Subaru, which is too bad.

Our second scooby
By tscascade1 on 01/06/10 22:38 PM (PST)

2007 Subaru Forester 2.5 X Premium Package 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

For those looking for a purely utilitarian vehicle, this is it. It eats up anything wet, snowy, or off pavement. Great for outdoorsy families. The unfortunate drawbacks are the ride quality and the noise. When driving this car I sometimes feel like the thing is on a Jell-o mold. The body roll,the acceleration squat, and the brake dive is annoying. It is also grossly underpowered for a 3200 pound cube. If you can bring yourself to do it, settle for the 4-speed automatic. The M/T feels like a broomstick connected to a pillow. Fortunately, it comes in turbo trim and may be worth the premium fuel cost to get the motor & suspension upgrades. In the end, at it's price point, nothing comes close!

Awesome Vehicle
By pgh8959 on 12/02/09 09:14 AM (PST)

2007 Subaru Forester Sports 2.5 XT 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This is the 4th Subaru that I have bought. It is a blast to drive. A true sleeper when challenged. I have left a few cars in the dust thinking they can out run me. I have the WR blue and get a lot of compliments on the looks. I would recommend Subaru to everyone. Spend the extra money and get the turbo. You will be glad you did.

Basic All-Wheel Drive
By DJA on 11/19/09 11:04 AM (PST)

2007 Subaru Forester 2.5 X 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This car was great in the snow. It also could tow a small pop up with ease. If you like to camp or any out door activity this is the vehicle for you. I avg. 22.5 mpg city/hwy. The down side is road noise and ride, but it was the base model. It is a good work horse of a vehicle.

A Fine Small SUV
By KJN on 09/30/09 07:55 AM (PDT)

2007 Subaru Forester 2.5 X Premium Package 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

My first new car in 25 years. It has exceeded just about all my expectations. It's great fun to drive and very responsive. It towed my pontoon boat with no problems. I've abused it with weekend excursions along the back roads of the Eglin AFB reservation -- sandy, soft roads often with deep mudholes. Came close, but haven't been able to get it stuck yet! And I've pulled out a few other drivers along the way. Don't get it into water too deep, though -- you'll ruin your charcoal canister, and they're expensive! My overall average fuel economy since new is 25.63 mpg -- that's with complete records through 62,000 miles. I enjoy this car thoroughly and would buy another in a heartbeat!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.