2006 Subaru Forester Consumer Review: Subaru Forester X

2006 Subaru Forester - Consumer Review

Subaru Forester X
By Agent_N on

2006 Subaru Forester 2.5 X 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I like my Subie! Where else can you get a vehicle that has all-wheel drive and gets better than 29 MPG with mostly highway driving? I have owned my Forester for 3/4 of a year now and have had no problems so far (I purchased it used with 32,000ish miles). It gets around better in bad weather than the Jeep Cherokee Sport that I had previously owned. The interior has some rattles and the materials aren't the best, but what do you expect to get on a vehicle with all-wheel drive for $22,000 or so? Gas mileage has varied from 23 in very cold weather (mostly city) to 36 at 55 MPH. I don't have a lead foot so that helps :) I usually average 30MPG at 65-75 MPH. 70-80% highway & the rest city.

All-wheel drive. Great gas mileage for what it is. Has small SUV cargo space but gets much better mileage than small SUV.

I am really looking forward to Subaru possibly releasing their boxer diesel in America! I would guesstimate that I would get 15-25 MPG better mileage with a diesel than I currently get with a petrol engine. The 4 speed tranny is sluggish and really needs to be improved!! Better interior material.