Solid Performer
By brianm on
2006 Subaru Forester 2.5 X 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)
Moving from a Lexus SUV to the Forester made me a believer. Solidly built and this car handles like a champ in inclement weather. Living in New England, this car runs up hills in snow and cruises wonderfully on the highway. My '06 has 30,000 miles and basically still runs like new. Heated seats are great in our cold winters although if I'd buy the leather next time around as my tan cloth seats stain easily. Gas mileage is fantastic coming out of a gas guzzling SUV. Visibility is also great, love the huge sunroof. I'd buy this car again in a second. It's a great value and such a common sense vehicle.
Favorite Features
Travelling in snow is a breeze. Cruises well on open highway, easy to park, fabulous gas mileage for a 4 wheel drive. Heated seats are wonderful on cold winter mornings. Visibility is great.
Suggested Improvements
I'd read some reviews claiming the auto transmission can be a bit rough. Mine shifts marvellously. It can lurch on occasion when going from reverse to forward, but nothing serious or concerning. I'd prefer the leather interior, especially if you have kids.