Fun to Drive
By Analei on
2006 Subaru Forester 2.5 X 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)
Yes, fun to drive. It's not even a year old and I'm going to pass the 20,000 mile mark this week. I didn't notice how smooth this car is until I got into a friend's PT Cruiser...yuk! My Forester handles well, is comfortable but firm. I hate a boat-like ride or big suvs. I'm averaging 27.5 mpg which is nice. I love the big windows and the cover in the back to cover my shopping bags, especially at Christmas time. All the gauges are logically placed and I can finally reach the radio in a car without leaning over! I'd buy it again if I needed a car right now.
Favorite Features
I like the room in the back, the storage holes in the sides, tie down rings. It's like a covered small truck. Good for me and the things I carry. It's very sure-footed on the road. GREAT traction. No more spinning my wheels when it's wet. I live in the city and it's easy to park. Simple, nice car.
Suggested Improvements
Tint on the back window would be nice. Lights on the vanity mirrors are needed. Why no hatch release on the floor next to the fuel door release? Needs telescoping steering wheel.