First 20,000 fine so far
By BNK on
2006 Subaru Forester 2.5 X 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)
GREAT visibility. Super easy to drive, back-up and park. Yes, it's not the most comfortable...it's not sold as a comfort car. I'd rather have a little stiffness for the great handling. To those who think it's so bad for your back...did you even test drive it? I get 26-28mpg with about 50/50 highway/city in our warm weather. No problems at all. Easy DIY oil changes. The car does need better tires and a thicker rear sway bar for those wanting performance. Car runs very smoothly and is more fun to drive than any of the past 4 Toyotas I've owned.
Favorite Features
Visibility, traction in the rain (haven't driven it in snow), smoothness and size. Very easy to park, short and narrow. I like the height-adjustable driver's seat. Easy to upgrade radio and change parts.Good lights. Takes turns very flat. You won't find 40 of these in a parking lot. Safety.
Suggested Improvements
Need better tires, mp3 radio on all models, would like steering wheel radio controls. Offer a 5 speed auto. Tint the rear windows. Rear disc brakes should be standard on all models. Bring back the full sized spare. Put a hatch release button on the remote. Add auto locking doors. Less rattles.