After 46K - still and awesome car!!
By KW on
2006 Subaru Forester 2.5 X Premium Package 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)
After 46,000 miles - I still love this car! Down the road, there will be a another Subie purchased; that is for sure. I wanted to pass along some advice. When replacing your tires, do not put the Geolanders HT's (OE) back on, these are not good tires. Subaru recommends H-rated tires; however, I replaced them with Yokohama Avid TRz which are t-rated and seems to do better overall. They ride quiet, handle great in rain and snow, and seem to last. Subaru should have made the TRz the OE tire. I have been averaging 27 mpg overall; best I got was 30, the worst I got was 21. Not bad at all. I love this car, and recommend it to anyone. The 09's are bigger and ride a little quieter
Favorite Features
Moon roof, weather-band radio, heated seats, best AWD system in the world, ride, fun to drive, 6-disk CD changer, snow and ice handling, reliability, and, service is great!
Suggested Improvements
Extenders on visors, standard tinted windows (the 2009's do now), replace the Yokohama Geolander HT's with Yokohama Avid TRz's and original tires. Small things, but anything can be improved. Buy this car, you will not regret it.