2006 Subaru Forester Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forester model:
2nd Subaru
By Bob on 03/24/06 18:33 PM (PST)

2006 Subaru Forester Wagon 2.5 X 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This vehicle is a pleasure to drive. The standard 4 cylinder engine delivers sufficient power and steering is extremely responsive. Ride is comfortable, leg, shoulder and head room are all very sufficient. As to reliability we had a '84 Legacy Wagon that gave us 13 years with no major problems. We look forward to this vehicle to surpass that one.

"It captures my youth again"
By Frank on 03/14/06 18:25 PM (PST)

2006 Subaru Forester Wagon 2.5 X 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

It lives up to all its reviews and my review is that its an excellent car for today's driving with good mileage and excellent ride and a fun car!

Should be a Best Buy
By timberwolf on 03/02/06 12:10 PM (PST)

2006 Subaru Forester Wagon 2.5 X 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Drove the others; wish Toyota hadn't supersized their RAV-4, Honda close, Saturn not yet, I agree with "Car & Driver" Best in Class.

2006 SECOND FORESTER
By BOB K on 03/02/06 04:34 AM (PST)

2006 Subaru Forester Wagon 2.5 X Premium Package 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

The 2006 Forester ride and performance was greatly improved over the 2002. Driving the Forester with the larger engine is like driving a sport sedan not an suv. I was very surprised. The quality of the vehicle has improved greatly. Not that my 2002 was a disappointment; I had 90,000 trouble free miles and spend $1700.00 in maintenance in four and one half years. The RAV-4 and Honda CR-V rode more like a truck and cost considerably more.

Small SUV with Spunk
By ERM on 02/24/06 12:26 PM (PST)

2006 Subaru Forester Wagon 2.5 X 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Good power on steep hills while rather smooth ride for an SUV. Great value for the cost.

A winner
By Bill on 02/09/06 23:55 PM (PST)

2006 Subaru Forester Wagon 2.5 X L.L.Bean Edition 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This is my 5th Subaru and all have served me very well. The handling and performance are excellent. It has a smooth ride and visibility is excellent. Subaru always produces a durable and well engineered car, so I expect this one to be no different.

Our first Subie
By Pat on 02/04/06 20:41 PM (PST)

2006 Subaru Forester Wagon 2.5 X 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Only had it for a couple of days but so far it exceeds all expectations. This is as pleased as I have been with a car purchase since I was 19 -- I'm 54. Acceleration, fit and finish, fun to drive, utility; it has it all. This is my wife's driver and she loves it. Great deal to boot!

my second Forester
By ij39mf on 02/04/06 10:22 AM (PST)

2006 Subaru Forester Wagon 2.5 X Premium Package 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

We love our Forester. Good visibility, heated mirrors, stays on the road no matter what you try to do.

Great little car
By higgledy on 01/22/06 23:08 PM (PST)

2006 Subaru Forester Wagon 2.5 X Premium Package 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first Subaru. So far I have been pleased, 1000 miles and averaging 25 mpg. I looked Chevrolet, Honda and Toyota. I think the Forester is the best compromise between American comfortable cars and Japanese quality.

THINKING, FEELING, DRIVING!
By Linda on 01/15/06 10:19 AM (PST)

2006 Subaru Forester Wagon 2.5 X Premium Package 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Best car ever. The buying experience was non-pushy, caring and my sales consultant still is in contact with me ... amazing. I've owned a BMW325 then a stupid KIA Sportage. Fish tail city on ice with the KIA. The Beemer was nice in bad weather, still slid on ice at rare times but ... my Forrester is just a sure footed, fun driving experience. Deep NYC rain, snow, ice, sharp cornering, passing; no problem. I look for reasons to drive. I call my car an engineering marvel. My honey, an electrical engineer says the same. I LOVE my Forester.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.