2006 Subaru Forester Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forester model:
Great Little Car
By retrogrouch on 06/02/06 11:24 AM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Forester Wagon 2.5 X 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a white 2006 2.5X with a 5-speed manual transmission, including a rear differential cover, a Class II hitch, and mudflaps. The miles per gallon isn't quite what I'd like to have, but otherwise it's a great little car. For trips with my small family (spouse and small child), I put a Yakima RocketBox on the factory rack, and then we have plenty of room. The power is sufficient, and it's surprisingly quiet on the road. The handling is very good, and the 5-speed is fun. I first thought that the hill-holder feature was only clever, but it's actually useful. I like the clearance a whole bunch, and it's cool to sit up in traffic too. Economical, roomy, dependable, comfortable, and quick. What more do most people need?

Sport & Luxury
By Karen on 05/30/06 06:50 AM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Forester Wagon 2.5 X 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

The Forester XT is definitely a luxury SUV to me. It is sleek, but practical. It handles very well, hugging even fast turns nicely. It makes you feel confident. I'm never afraid to merge. It has plenty of power. The heated seats are great. It is quite roomy and does pretty well for gas mileage as far as SUVs go. I love the leather interior. It is easy to clean and the overall appearance to me is just classy, but at the same time it is very practical. I feel really good about my choice. I honestly think it is my favorite car I've ever owned. No regrets here.

2006 Forester
By K Barnes on 05/25/06 19:19 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Forester Wagon 2.5 X 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I wanted a car for snow trips that got better mileage than my gas guzzling Jeep Wrangler. I average 22-24 in town and once got 31 mpg going 65 on the flats of Utah. It is a stick. Does great in snow. It is also roomy because of its boxy shape. The rear seat footroom is minimal however. The headrests are too far forward. The black dotted material on the door will chafe your elbows if you rest them there. I find the car quiet which others say is noisy. Car has tight turning radius. Did not buy it for its looks. Is functional not fashionable. High ground clearance prevents a lot of bottoming out. Needs a telescoping steering wheel. Have to reach too far to reach wheel with seat back.

Surprising Subaru
By xtdriver on 05/02/06 11:57 AM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Forester Wagon 2.5 XT Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

At my spouse's behest we traded our Volvo XC 90 for the Forester XT. I wasn't initially enthused about this plan. However, after a weekend of driving this vehicle on hilly, curvy roads I became a convert. The XT is remarkably agile for a vehicle that has over 8 inches of clearance and the acceleration is stunning for a car with this much utility. It's essentially a station wagon with the heart of a rally car. How it feels on an extended road trip is the only factor that hasn't yet been put to the test. So far I am positively impressed.

A GREAT LITTLE SUV WAGON
By JIM on 05/01/06 20:40 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Forester Wagon 2.5 X Premium Package 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

What a great little SUV wagon, try it you love it. Drive it and you will be convinced that it is one of best all-wheel drive wagons on the road in this price range. This is my second Subaru Forester that I have own,

2006 Forester: Perfect for our family!
By Everett on 04/19/06 09:20 AM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Forester Wagon 2.5 X Premium Package 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

We recently got our Subie in anticipation of our firstborn. Had an Audi A4 Quattro and we sad to see it go. Good news though - WE LOVE OUR FORESTER! We considered the RAV4, Highlander, CRV, Hyundai Tucson, Mazda 5 but ultimately could not resist on the Subaru Forester. Great value, spacious cargo interior, all-wheel drive, car-like feel, good engine response, quiet engine when idling. I've used it to make dump-runs, loaded it up with moving boxes ... even with baby seat and stroller loaded up, there's still plenty of cargo space. My wife loves the storage compartments under the carpeting in the trunk (for jumper cables, bungee cords, large umbrella, etc).

We bought another one!
By Dave on 04/07/06 09:52 AM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Forester Wagon 2.5 X Premium Package 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

We traded in a 2003 Forester. The new one is very similar but with a vast improvement in brake pedal travel. My wife loves this car more than her first.

A really nice SUV
By Jake on 04/05/06 12:41 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Forester Wagon 2.5 X 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I am not new to the Subaru family; I traded in a 2000 Forester with well over 150K on the clock for a new 06. This vehicle is better then ever. Worth a look for sure..

Oz Subaru experience
By Martin Berry on 03/30/06 16:42 PM (PST)

2006 Subaru Forester Wagon 2.5 X Premium Package 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

The Forester is great, traveling nicely on a recent trip to Cairns [about 3000 miles]. Gear shift is easy to use, the 2.5 petrol engine has plenty of grunt and the reinforced suspension is much stiffer than the old version. I like the versatility, storing lots of stuff in the back, carrying canoes on the top, driving long distances listening to CDs or the stereo etc. It is nearly as good as my wife's Outback, so that is saying something!

This is my third Forester
By janet on 03/28/06 02:56 AM (PST)

2006 Subaru Forester Wagon 2.5 X 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I love the Forester. It really meets my needs. I live in a large city where parking is limited and I find the ease of handling and parking to be wonderful. The 2006 has more leg room in width than my previous Foresters. Also the console and dash are in a better position. I had a bad car accident in 2001 (kid on a cell phone) and the Forester saved my life. I don't know if I will ever own any other car! It takes regular fuel, a plus for me. I have never had problems with any of my Foresters and don't expect any now with the new one. I didn't replace my second Forester; it's still in the family.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.