Used 2006 Subaru Forester Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Subaru Forester Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forester model:

Subaru blows thru snow!
By April Oliveira

2006 Subaru Forester Wagon 2.5 X Premium Package 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Great car overall, sunroof problem but was replaced @ no cost, just my time. Wonderful in the snow as with good tires, drives thur deep snow better than my ex-suv.

Winter pkg. Fantastic!

Gas mileage, more interior leg room in rear seat and overall.

Solid Performer
By brianm

2006 Subaru Forester Wagon 2.5 X 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Moving from a Lexus SUV to the Forester made me a believer. Solidly built and this car handles like a champ in inclement weather. Living in New England, this car runs up hills in snow and cruises wonderfully on the highway. My '06 has 30,000 miles and basically still runs like new. Heated seats are great in our cold winters although if I'd buy the leather next time around as my tan cloth seats stain easily. Gas mileage is fantastic coming out of a gas guzzling SUV. Visibility is also great, love the huge sunroof. I'd buy this car again in a second. It's a great value and such a common sense vehicle.

Travelling in snow is a breeze. Cruises well on open highway, easy to park, fabulous gas mileage for a 4 wheel drive. Heated seats are wonderful on cold winter mornings. Visibility is great.

I'd read some reviews claiming the auto transmission can be a bit rough. Mine shifts marvellously. It can lurch on occasion when going from reverse to forward, but nothing serious or concerning. I'd prefer the leather interior, especially if you have kids.

I love this car!
By luckyowner

2006 Subaru Forester Wagon 2.5 X Premium Package 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Every day I drive it, I think to myself how lucky I am to have selected a Subaru Forester. It is perfect for the active sports lifestyle I live - a hitch for the bike rack, roof racks for the canoe, fold down to flat cargo area for sleeping when it's too wet outside to sleep in the tent. All that and great handling in the snow on the way to the ski resort. I couldn't have asked for more features and at an extremely reasonable price.

Auto temperature for cabin heat & air conditioning - no fussing with the knobs. Just set the temperature and it's maintained automatically.

There is not a single thing I want this car to have or do that Subaru hasn't already included.

Love it!
By AG

2006 Subaru Forester Wagon 2.5 XT Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

I had 2002 Forester X for four years and I really liked it. But then traded it for 2006 XT and that's the huge difference! I love that car. I love the acceleration, and not only from the stop, but it feels like it always has more power and can jump forward. What a surprise for BMW drivers! Nice cornering, good braking. Drove in February on snowy and icy freeway between Detroit and Chicago - no problem with traction or anything else. When my lease expires in two years I will have another Forester, or maybe even keep this one. Money well spent!

Acceleration. Braking. Comfort.

Fuel economy could be better. 5 or maybe even 6 speed automatic transmission with good support of active driving manners.

OK Overall, Great in snow!
By Higgledy

2006 Subaru Forester Wagon 2.5 X Premium Package 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

After driving this car for 14 months and 36,000 miles I am ready to trade on something more refined. In 36,000 miles I had one major repair--replaced the catalytic converter, covered under warranty. But the thing that bothers me most is the rattles, noise, and harshness that have developed in 14 months.

All Wheel Drive is the best! Fun to drive and the hatch.

Refine car's interior: reduce rattles and road noise. Interior materials could be less prone to scratches as well as improved electronics.