Used 2006 Subaru Forester Wagon Consumer Reviews - 117 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Subaru Forester Wagon - Consumer Reviews

2006 Subaru Forester Wagon

View reviews for a specific Forester model:

SOLID & RELIABLE ALL WEATHER COMMUTER
By Brian McCloskey

2006 Subaru Forester Wagon 2.5 X 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I've driven this car now for a year and a half. During that time I've put on 35,000 miles. I should add I downsized from a Toyota Landcruiser. The biggest question any prospective buyer wants to know is: "would you buy it again?" My answer would be a resounding YES. This is a super little vehicle. I don't know where some of these reviewers learned to drive in inclement weather, but we live in New England and ours fly's in the snow. Never a hint of slipping. Creature comforts are average. I wish the cloth seats weren't so prone to wearing and staining. But ours has over 50K miles on it and we've done nothing but change the oil. This is a great AWD vehicle with very good mileage.

Peppy, very solid in rain/snow conditions; economical to operate and own. I think this is a super practical but comfortable AWD vehicle.

The cloth seats could use an upgrade. If I had it to do over again I'd go with leather.

Great car
By Dutch

2006 Subaru Forester Wagon 2.5 X 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I am a Subaru junky! It is wonderful on wet, dry, snow, but ice---well ice is ice. Never had a problem with any of my Subaru's.

AWD and reliability

Good as it stands

Fun car but needs improvements!
By djenson

2006 Subaru Forester Wagon 2.5 X Premium Package 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I live in NCW Washington and drive 30 miles to work and this winter have had many challenges with record snow, fog and ice. I love the all wheel drive and the heated seats. I have had problems with the 36000 warranty and with Subaru following up and fixing a quality control problem.

Heated seats and the all wheel drive.

The front cloth fabric seats were replaced by dealer at 17000 miles because of fraying on seams. Within miles same problem again. Dealer pointed out 2 new 2008 cars on lot with same problem, stated it was Subaru's problem now. Many photos and calls, letters and emails later still no fix. Frustrating!

Brilliant but frustrating.
By Joe

2006 Subaru Forester Wagon 2.5 X 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

If you perform all dealer suggested service, will run you over $200/month. Engine is a marvel, but burns oil. Brakes feel soft, but perform well. Bought "program" car with 10k miles, should have had inspection.

Performance, fun to drive, great handling in inclement weather.

High cost of service, maintenance. Rattles and squeaks, which I'm sure Subaru addressed in the new redesign.

Subaru blows thru snow!
By April Oliveira

2006 Subaru Forester Wagon 2.5 X Premium Package 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Great car overall, sunroof problem but was replaced @ no cost, just my time. Wonderful in the snow as with good tires, drives thur deep snow better than my ex-suv.

Winter pkg. Fantastic!

Gas mileage, more interior leg room in rear seat and overall.