2006 Subaru Forester - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forester model:
Strong Competitor
By Secure Feeling on 08/30/06 13:58 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Forester 2.5 X L.L.Bean Edition 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Fine small SUV choice. Very solid build. Excellent crash test scores. View is clear and unobstructed. Has good acceleration. The leather interior and wood steering wheel are nice touches. It doesn't sit so high as to make it difficult for some to get into and out of, similar to a car. This is my 3rd Subie, and they've all been tanks in winter driving. The gas mileage is a plus also.

The Ultimate sleeper & Stealth machine!
By Bren on 08/29/06 10:01 AM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Forester 2.5 XT Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

This is our second Forester (my wife drives a 2003 XS with PP). The power of the turbo is outstanding, yet it is still very practical & enjoyable on long drives....went to Washington DC & spent time in cottage country of central Ontario. Looking forward to the winter time with one of the best full time AWD systems in the industry!

Happy with my first Subaru
By Celia on 07/29/06 10:28 AM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Forester 2.5 X 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

We have only had the Forester for one month, but it has met all of initial expectations. Getting 27 - 28 mpg with mixed city and highway driving, with AC blowing in Texas heat, & driving the speed limit. Thought that I would own a RAV4 forever, but once they enlarged the size, I went looking elsewhere for the best combination of a 4 cylinder car, safety, & fuel economy. Ended up trading a Tacoma for it, and have not missed the truck as the roof rack & interior can handle what we used the truck for. Also purchased a Honda Fit at the same time to use as in-town car for better mpg, and are very pleased with this combination. But on highways/in rain, we definitely prefer the Forester!

Fun and practical
By mrjwk1962 on 07/14/06 08:07 AM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Forester 2.5 XT Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

Decided to splurge on the turbo engine and am glad I did. The Forester is lots of fun to drive. It has the practicality of a small SUV, but the maneuverability and nimble handling of a car. I love the cargo space, especially with the back seat down. Controls are extremely logical, ergonomic, and easy to use. Some people complain about limited back seat room, but that is not an issue for us.

Subaru Forester X premium
By maverick on 07/02/06 11:52 AM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Forester 2.5 X Premium Package 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

The car is a winner with great IIHS crash test ratings. For me it was a toss up between a Toyota RAV4 and this . When it comes to winter driving the Forester beats the RAV4 . During extreme driving conditions , the risk of driving is increased and my motive of buying the Forester was for times like these.

1st Subaru
By Eugene on 06/23/06 12:35 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Forester 2.5 X Premium Package 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Bought our first Subaru 2 months ago. Also looked at RAV4 and CR-V. So far we're not disappointed. Getting about 25 MPG mixed driving. Overall an excellent car!

Great Car
By Carol Bertanza on 06/20/06 05:05 AM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Forester 2.5 X Premium Package 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I owned a Toyota Highlander. I have a very bad lumbar problem. The seats were to short in the highlander for leg support. My Forester seats are great. Everything about my Forester is great. Fun to drive, the sun-roof is so big it's like having a convertible when open. Most important VERY COMFORTABLE - can't say enough GREAT things about this car. Best I have ever owned!

Expected Better Quality From Subaru
By 1st Subaru for Me on 06/14/06 20:59 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Forester 2.5 X 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Based on everything I read about this vehicle, I expected a quality, problem- free vehicle. Driving it is enjoyable, but I'm finding out that the quality of some of the parts and pieces is cheap. The seat upholstery is kind of thin. The clear plastic on the engine gauges cover squeaks. A piece of rubber under the hood is loose in one spot, etc. One of my windshield washer sprayers stopped working. I have only about 1050 miles on the car so far. I never expected all these annoying things with a Subaru.

Forester in the mountains
By brunte on 06/13/06 08:43 AM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Forester 2.5 X 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

200 miles daily commute in a Chevy Suburban is not practical, so I got a Subie. Best MPG at 29,9, worst at 26. Without exceeding speed limits (by much) the Forester "saves" more than 50 hours per year due to superior cornering on the mountain roads I travel. After driving it for 12,000 miles, I just regret not spending a few thousands more for a turbo.

The Subaru Forester Has It Right!
By Ken W. on 06/03/06 16:21 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Forester 2.5 X Premium Package 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This car rides and feels like a quality vehicle at least double its price. Very comfortable in most every respect.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.