2006 Subaru Forester Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forester model:
Great car
By Dutch on 06/19/08 17:10 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Forester Wagon 2.5 X 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I am a Subaru junky! It is wonderful on wet, dry, snow, but ice---well ice is ice. Never had a problem with any of my Subaru's.

Fun car but needs improvements!
By djenson on 03/02/08 15:59 PM (PST)

2006 Subaru Forester Wagon 2.5 X Premium Package 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I live in NCW Washington and drive 30 miles to work and this winter have had many challenges with record snow, fog and ice. I love the all wheel drive and the heated seats. I have had problems with the 36000 warranty and with Subaru following up and fixing a quality control problem.

Brilliant but frustrating.
By Joe on 02/05/08 18:12 PM (PST)

2006 Subaru Forester Wagon 2.5 X 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

If you perform all dealer suggested service, will run you over $200/month. Engine is a marvel, but burns oil. Brakes feel soft, but perform well. Bought "program" car with 10k miles, should have had inspection.

Subaru blows thru snow!
By April Oliveira on 02/02/08 05:14 AM (PST)

2006 Subaru Forester Wagon 2.5 X Premium Package 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Great car overall, sunroof problem but was replaced @ no cost, just my time. Wonderful in the snow as with good tires, drives thur deep snow better than my ex-suv.

Solid Performer
By brianm on 12/14/07 20:51 PM (PST)

2006 Subaru Forester Wagon 2.5 X 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Moving from a Lexus SUV to the Forester made me a believer. Solidly built and this car handles like a champ in inclement weather. Living in New England, this car runs up hills in snow and cruises wonderfully on the highway. My '06 has 30,000 miles and basically still runs like new. Heated seats are great in our cold winters although if I'd buy the leather next time around as my tan cloth seats stain easily. Gas mileage is fantastic coming out of a gas guzzling SUV. Visibility is also great, love the huge sunroof. I'd buy this car again in a second. It's a great value and such a common sense vehicle.

I love this car!
By luckyowner on 11/06/07 18:53 PM (PST)

2006 Subaru Forester Wagon 2.5 X Premium Package 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Every day I drive it, I think to myself how lucky I am to have selected a Subaru Forester. It is perfect for the active sports lifestyle I live - a hitch for the bike rack, roof racks for the canoe, fold down to flat cargo area for sleeping when it's too wet outside to sleep in the tent. All that and great handling in the snow on the way to the ski resort. I couldn't have asked for more features and at an extremely reasonable price.

Love it!
By AG on 03/31/07 19:28 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Forester Wagon 2.5 XT Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

I had 2002 Forester X for four years and I really liked it. But then traded it for 2006 XT and that's the huge difference! I love that car. I love the acceleration, and not only from the stop, but it feels like it always has more power and can jump forward. What a surprise for BMW drivers! Nice cornering, good braking. Drove in February on snowy and icy freeway between Detroit and Chicago - no problem with traction or anything else. When my lease expires in two years I will have another Forester, or maybe even keep this one. Money well spent!

OK Overall, Great in snow!
By Higgledy on 03/22/07 04:56 AM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Forester Wagon 2.5 X Premium Package 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

After driving this car for 14 months and 36,000 miles I am ready to trade on something more refined. In 36,000 miles I had one major repair--replaced the catalytic converter, covered under warranty. But the thing that bothers me most is the rattles, noise, and harshness that have developed in 14 months.

1st Subaru after 17 years of Cherokees
By babybob on 03/06/07 16:32 PM (PST)

2006 Subaru Forester Wagon 2.5 X Premium Package 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Since Jeep no longer made the Cherokee & gas prices are high, it seemed to be the logical choice to get a "highly regarded" Forester. I've owned it for almost a year & have 12500 miles on it. The car (& make no mistake, it is a car) gets decent mileage for this type of vehicle, rides peppily after a bit of sluggishness at the start, & gives a decent ride on a nice dry highway. The build quality of the body seems flimsy, tinny. Doesn't come across as a sturdy car at all. Has developed several rattles & a crunching sound in the rear when going over speed bumps/dips. Experience in the snow has been frightful, if not downright dangerous. Useless in SLUSH(!) in city driving. Won't even think of taking it offroad.

Great Vehicle
By jxlewis on 02/22/07 12:38 PM (PST)

2006 Subaru Forester Wagon 2.5 X 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Pros: Handling and traction in rain & snow. Cons: Noisy fuel pump. Drives and handles well. AWD provides great handling in the rain and snow. Ride is a little too hard over rough roads and RR tracks. Seats are firm and comfortable. Front seat space is adequate if you're not overweight, height no problem at 6'3". Rear seat leg space is inadequate. Console and controls are placed well and easy to adjust while driving.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.