2006 Subaru Forester - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forester model:
Love our '06 Forester!
By RI-Jim on 10/27/05 17:12 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Forester 2.5 X Premium Package 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

OK, we've had it just 2 1/2 months and 4,000 miles, but it's an excellent vehicle. Peppy engine (for a non-turbo), nice ride, handles well, has AWD (great for NE winters). The Premium upgrade has heated seats, sun/moonroof, alloy wheels, heated mirrors & windshield, nice sound system. Quiet on the highway, with some engine noise at lower speeds. Getting 26 MPG in mixed driving, 29 highway. Very comfortable seats. Top-rated by Consumer Reports, with really good crash-test results too. It's just a great value!

A Joy to Drive!
By jlt on 10/21/05 09:29 AM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Forester 2.5 XT Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

I've only had my Forester for a month, but already love it! It is an absolute joy to drive, so much so that I find myself creating reasons to get out on the road. It's got fantastic pick up and is so responsive that I think I could drive it with my little finger. I've also found it to be a very quiet drive and it has terrific visibility. Much better than any of my other recent cars. I had a Subaru once before and am I glad that I came back for another!

I'm officially a "Subie" now.
By Ohio State Buckeye on 10/12/05 14:08 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Forester 2.5 X Premium Package 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

We just purchased a 2006 Subaru Forester X-Premium (Champaign Opal Gold) - loaded. We absolutely love this vehicle. I had 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited (V-8) before this vehicle, which was a gas guzzler, needless to say. We love this car, fun to drive, peppy with 173-hp and 0-60 in about 8 seconds. Also, 23 city and 29 highway, not bad at all for a car with that kind of pick-up. With a lower center of gravity (boxer engine), the car handles like a sports car in the corners; you don't get the tilt in the turns as you do with other vehicles. Quality is top notch on the same line as Toyota and Honda. The resale value in very good as well. I would again purchase another Subaru.

OK but still room for improvement
By bobo on 10/04/05 16:04 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Forester 2.5 X 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

The Forester replaced a 2003 Honda CR-V. The Forester has acceleration equal to the Honda, but I expected the Forester to be better since it has more horsepower and less weight. The Forester has much better handling on mountain roads (where I mostly drive). The Honda had disc brakes on all wheels, but Subaru saved a few bucks by providing drum brakes at the rear. The Honda had much more interior room and miscellaneous storage spaces. The Forester has some annoying buzzes and rattles in the dash area on rough roads. Even at 75,000 miles, the Honda had none. The controls on the Forester lack the silky smoothness of the Honda. The Honda (EX model) had a better sound system.

Forester rating
By forester rating on 09/19/05 14:31 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Forester 2.5 X 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Very quick. Great performer. Decent gas mileage. Awesome visibility for my 5'3" wife who traded in her Legacy.

Great Small SUV
By Jennifer on 09/09/05 14:27 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Forester 2.5 X Premium Package 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I love this vehicle. I previously owned a Toyota Camry, but wanted AWD. The Subaru Forester handles great and is a pleasure to drive, excellent safety scores! I enjoy driving because of my Forester.

Faultless
By Ken on 09/07/05 00:04 AM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Forester 2.5 X L.L.Bean Edition 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I have put approximately 2000 miles on this car and it has performed flawlessly. The upgraded interior and features remind me of a Volvo (I have owned 4). The performance and handling is like my old BMW 530i. It gets 31 mpg on the highway and 29 mpg in the city, and uses regular unleaded. The car is well designed inside with lots of convenient features. The ride is very smooth. This car is a great alternative to a Honda or Toyota. Dollar for dollar it has more value, in my opinion, and it also drives better than a Honda CR-V or a Toyota RAV4.

Fun Car
By Rick on 09/05/05 20:33 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Forester 2.5 X Premium Package 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

My 2006 Forester is a 2.5X with the premium package. It is a fun car to drive; I like everything about it. The car drives like a sports car with good visibility and ground clearance to go on rough sandy roads. I replaced a 2001 Subaru Outback LL Bean. The Outback was a great car but never this enjoyable to drive.

One of the worst cars I have ever owned
By New Subaru owner on 09/01/05 19:51 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Forester 2.5 X 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Nice car in many respects, but the engine hesitation when starting out from a complete stop is terrible. Gets worse as outside temperature gets over 90 and AC is on. Dealer tells me that it is normal. I think a 3 or 4 second hesitation is unsatisfactory and unsafe since you never know what its going to do when you give it some gas.

A Super AWD
By Greg S on 08/28/05 09:09 AM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Forester 2.5 X 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I am very happy with the 06 Forester X, 5 speed. It has great acceleration, handling and fuel economy. The visibility is great and it is easy to park. Adjustments for the seat height and steering wheel are great to accommodate smaller drivers. Plenty of room in the trunk for our large dog and the rubber cargo mat is highly recommended. Incredible amount of standard equipment and very good pricing. Nicely improved from '05.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.