2006 Subaru Forester Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forester model:
I love this car!
By luckyowner on 11/06/07 18:53 PM (PST)

2006 Subaru Forester Wagon 2.5 X Premium Package 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Every day I drive it, I think to myself how lucky I am to have selected a Subaru Forester. It is perfect for the active sports lifestyle I live - a hitch for the bike rack, roof racks for the canoe, fold down to flat cargo area for sleeping when it's too wet outside to sleep in the tent. All that and great handling in the snow on the way to the ski resort. I couldn't have asked for more features and at an extremely reasonable price.

OK Overall, Great in snow!
By Higgledy on 03/22/07 04:56 AM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Forester Wagon 2.5 X Premium Package 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

After driving this car for 14 months and 36,000 miles I am ready to trade on something more refined. In 36,000 miles I had one major repair--replaced the catalytic converter, covered under warranty. But the thing that bothers me most is the rattles, noise, and harshness that have developed in 14 months.

Love my Subarus
By SubieGuy on 10/31/06 13:21 PM (PST)

2006 Subaru Forester Wagon 2.5 X Premium Package 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is my third Subaru, my first two being Imprezas that I loved. I needed something with more cargo room, so why not an Impreza-based SUV? I was originally looking for an Outback Sport but drove the Forester and fell in love. She's comfortable, full of features, relatively fast, gets great mileage (for an SUV) and actually FUN to drive.

A GREAT LITTLE SUV WAGON
By JIM on 05/01/06 20:40 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Forester Wagon 2.5 X Premium Package 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

What a great little SUV wagon, try it you love it. Drive it and you will be convinced that it is one of best all-wheel drive wagons on the road in this price range. This is my second Subaru Forester that I have own,

Great little car
By higgledy on 01/22/06 23:08 PM (PST)

2006 Subaru Forester Wagon 2.5 X Premium Package 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first Subaru. So far I have been pleased, 1000 miles and averaging 25 mpg. I looked Chevrolet, Honda and Toyota. I think the Forester is the best compromise between American comfortable cars and Japanese quality.

best car for cold weather
By Martin Weber on 10/27/05 23:11 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Forester Wagon 2.5 X Premium Package 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

My '06 Subaru Forester is far more polished and sophisticated than the '05 Honda Civic EX I just sold. It is equal in quality workmanship to the '04 Toyota Prius I owned before that. The car is simply incredible -- the best combination of safety, reliability, cold weather stability, economy, comfort (surprising legroom for a tall driver) and performance. It is the best bad weather car I know of. I hate traveling when I have to rent other cars and can't wait to get home to my Subaru.

Love our '06 Forester!
By RI-Jim on 10/27/05 17:12 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Forester Wagon 2.5 X Premium Package 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

OK, we've had it just 2 1/2 months and 4,000 miles, but it's an excellent vehicle. Peppy engine (for a non-turbo), nice ride, handles well, has AWD (great for NE winters). The Premium upgrade has heated seats, sun/moonroof, alloy wheels, heated mirrors & windshield, nice sound system. Quiet on the highway, with some engine noise at lower speeds. Getting 26 MPG in mixed driving, 29 highway. Very comfortable seats. Top-rated by Consumer Reports, with really good crash-test results too. It's just a great value!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.