2006 Subaru Forester - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forester model:
Snow machine
By ehibma on 01/01/13 13:03 PM (PST)

2006 Subaru Forester 2.5 X 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This is a solid machine, minus the head gasket issues. I did have to replace the head gaskets, but otherwise a great, reliable vehicle. This is my second Forester.

Great Practical Vehicle
By spartikus on 12/11/12 07:37 AM (PST)

2006 Subaru Forester 2.5 X 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this vehicle with 76000 miles on it. It runs and drives like a new one! The AWD feature is amazing in the snow and on ice. The interior is a little cheap, but its not bad. It is a perfect car for us as we have one infant whose carseat sits in the middle of the rear seat. The boxer motors are bulletproof and as far as people saying it is like a rollercoaster.....its an AWD vehicle. There is going to be an obvious deceleration when going through gears. There is more friction to keep power to all wheels. I would highly recommend this vehicle.

Best no compromise automobile
By rootsmanuva82 on 08/17/12 16:28 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Forester 2.5 XT Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

The Subaru Forester XT is quite possibly the best no compromise automobile you can buy. The XT combines WRX power, refined and responsive rally-bred handling and grip, smooth ride, comfort, safety and AWD versatility. Build quality is excellent and interior is very "bright" and airy with huge windows and a massive sunroof. Everything you touch is high quality. The XT builds speed with ease and goes down the highway like butter. The only con I can think of is so-so fuel economy. But with the performance you get, its expected.

Possibly the most functional car....not the best looking
By dukedokken on 07/21/12 12:24 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Forester 2.5 XT Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

I've been the sole wonder of my 06 Forester XT. There's been a few times when I've wanted to trade it for something different to switch it up, but it's almost impossible because you feel like you're getting less of a car. Pros. Panoramic Sunroof, heated leather seats, handles all real world weather conditions, reliable, XT is VERY fast, quiet, good sound system. reliable Cons maintenance can be pricey

OUR FIRST SUBARU
By awporbb1 on 12/04/11 10:49 AM (PST)

2006 Subaru Forester 2.5 X 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I bought a 2006 for my wife when it was a yr old w/25000 miles. My wife was a home hospice nurse @ the time, and traveled everyday to patients homes. Even during the bad snow stom of 2008, she made all her visits without even one slip, slide, or getting stuck. Had performed SUPERBLY during bad winter weather. You'll be glad you bought a Saburu with AWD. A very secure feeling. In fact, we;re picking up ou 2011 Subaru outback tomorrow for ME.

Subaruy
By realreview on 04/23/10 14:45 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Forester 2.5 XT Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

FXT is a great example of a Subaru. It's not perfect but it makes you happy. Don't know what else gives you what the manual/turbo Forester has for a reasonable price. But I like and bought because of ride height, performance, utility, reliability. I prefer this to my 04 wrx and 05 legacy GT. If you are thinking about this car things you get are: great visibility, ride height, 4wd, utility, reliability, performance (as easy or easier than wrx to mod if you want to). Things you'll have to live with: ugly (it is but its ok) gas mileage (good for what it is but not amazing), bit of wind noise. Not perfect but just does everything and makes you happy.

Love Everything but the Mileage
By Indaburgh on 12/03/09 10:49 AM (PST)

2006 Subaru Forester 2.5 X 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Great car. Pickup is exceptional for a four cylinder. A little on the small side in the seating area. Impressed with how much cargo space it has.

Would buy another one
By Venator on 12/02/09 17:56 PM (PST)

2006 Subaru Forester 2.5 XT Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I've had my Forester for a little over 4 years now. It has served me well in the city and on back-country roads. It does an excellent job in ice and snow, is easy to park, and carries a lot of gear. With the XT package it has more than enough pick up and is a lot of fun to drive.

My first Subaru
By hairdog on 09/24/09 19:30 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Forester 2.5 X 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I just purchased a used Subaru forester on Monday, just three days ago. I am completely surprised at the quality and power that this 4cyl has. I was driving a V6 and this is much more responsive and quicker. This is my first Subaru. I have owned nothing but American cars before. In just three days I would say that I'm a convert for life, not just only based on my mere three days but on other Subaru owners that have told me their experiences. I love my Forester and can't wait to actually feel safe while driving in bad winter conditions. FOR ONCE! I highly recommend it to all. Buy a Subaru and you will not be disappointed.

Disappointing Experience
By Jason Tylers on 06/12/09 22:51 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Forester 2.5 XT Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

I bought this car new and loved it at first. Within the first year the sunroof malfunctioned and would take several attempts to close. End of year 1 door lock broke. Year two car began leaking in the rain. End of year two engine light came on and car has spent more time in the shop than on the road. Subaru has not been able to fix the problem. At this point I am forced to consider legal options. I will never buy another Subaru again.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.