2005 Subaru Forester Consumer Review: Wolf in sheeps clothing

2005 Subaru Forester Wagon - Consumer Review

Wolf in sheeps clothing
By DonE37 on

2005 Subaru Forester XT AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I bought my Forester new and now with 44,000 plus miles on odometer it has not stumbled once nor had any mechanical problems. My purchase was based mainly on its practicality, power,and sleeper demeanor. It seats 4 comfortably. Can hold loads of cargo, and is fast as a whip. It's 4 wheel drive capability helps put all those turbo ponys to the ground and you giggle with a menacing glee as you rocket forward out of stoplights. Nobody knows that this car screams and that is pure joy. Doesn't look much different than the lesser non turbo foresters, except for hoodscoop and XT badging. I loved pulling away from my brother in his beloved Hemi Dodge Magnum. Priceless, he never saw it coming!

Did I mention that I love the power! Gets pretty good mileage on long trips if you stay off the go pedal and keep it at about 70 mph.

Sometimes you have to sacrifice one thing for another, so I wouldn't want to change any one thing that might effect something that I love about it. Its almost perfect for me!