This SUV is versatile
By Mickey on
2005 Subaru Forester XT AWD 4dr Wagon w/Premium Package (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 4A)
We purchased an XT in Jan '05 and the biggest problem is keeping our eyes on the road. It is so quick I keep taking my eyes off of the road to check the speedometer. I researched vehicles for over a year and test drove a few and narrowed it down to the Honda Pilot and CRV, Volkswagen Passat and Toyota RAV4 and Highlander. All are acceptable choices but I'm happy with the Subaru. This XT is as fun to drive as my early version of the Toyota MR2 and and my wife's Audi A4 and hugs the road like a true all wheel drive vehicle. It handles like a car and is versatile. We didn't want a huge SUV that couldn't fit in the garage but a fun to drive car. It is perfect for me. I highly recommend it
Favorite Features
Grips the road like a go cart. You can accelerate in turns with confidence. Super quick, not just fast. Well thought out interior design: built for function, not for selling. Large moonroof. Auto dimming rear view mirror helps even though most lights are dimming as you accelerate.
Suggested Improvements
Gas mileage is below average compared to other vehicles its size (low 20s on highway and in city driving). The heat and A/C is tough to control automatically.