SPORTS and Utility
By FXTreme on
2005 Subaru Forester X AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)
I just traded my 2003 Mazda Tribute for a 2005 Forester XT. Although the Tribute served us well, it wasn't exactly the "driver's SUV" as it was advertised. I needed a compromise. A car that will give us similar utility as the Tribute but also the driving performance of a sports car. When I test drove the XT, I knew right away that I've found such a car. This car is as quick as it is fast with enough handling and braking to complement such beastly power (I think Subaru underrated the 210 horsepower). I may have sacrificed a little bit of passenger and cargo space, but the amazing performance, better safety rating, and slightly better gas mileage pretty much made up for it and then some.
Favorite Features
Blistering acceleration, smooth and quiet engine (maybe too smooth), the peace of mind of having one of the best AWD system in the world, highest safety ratings, and I love listening to that turbo as it spools for instant power, :).
Suggested Improvements
Better sound system, it sounded muffled, better brake feel, how about some privacy glass (tinted windows).