Practical with a twist
By NewSubieFan on
2005 Subaru Forester XT AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)
How often do you find a practical vehicle that is tons of fun to drive? This car is my first Subaru and I'm very happy. The cargo compartment holds things I didn't think would fit (I fit an entire Charbroil smoker in there once!). Acceleration is lively. Get the cargo tray - makes cleanup of messy cargo a snap. Mileage on premium fuel (I get about 20 mpg in mixed driving) is a little disappointing but that's what you give up for the HP and the AWD. Mileage is significantly better (22 mpg mixed) with more conservative driving, but that's hard to do in this car. Great dog car with the leather seats and easy access. Impress your friends with the monster sunroof! No problems so far.
Favorite Features
Acceleration, cargo capacity, different from most other cars on the road (at least here in Texas), fun (yes, FUN!) to park. You get to laugh at all the other monster-sized vehicles here trying to park in "compact car" spaces. Haha!
Suggested Improvements
Better interior lighting. It's way too dark. Take a cue from VW on this, please! Tinted window option. Standard raised armrest. Better stock tires. These Yokohama Geolander tires STINK and are slippery even on dry roads, detracting from what I think could be great handling in this car.