Ok, but lacking in certain areas.
By Mister R on
2005 Subaru Forester XS L.L.Bean Edition AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 4A)
I needed a AWD SUV and didn't want another monster (I had a Tahoe) and had options that were a must. The Forester seemed like a good compromise. Or so I thought. I bought it sight unseen based on reviews and comparisons. BIG mistake. The suspension is such that you feel every pebble in the road as if it were a boulder. Driving noise invades the interior and the gas mileage is no where near what I had expected. At 6'4 and 250 this is clearly the wrong vehicle for me. My right leg rubs against the console and steering wheel. I have to put the seat all the way back and down to accommodate my height - but then have to lean forward to reach the steering wheel. Under powered and transmission slips.
Favorite Features
Visibility is excellent 360. Sound system is superb. Hugs every curve and handles well in all weather. Heated seats are a great plus. Bigger sunroof than in any of the larger vehicles I've had. Leather interior - well done and very comfortable. Rear area can accommodate more cargo than it appears to.
Suggested Improvements
Extendable steering wheel. Sun visors are virtually useless as they hit the handle on the side and cover only half of the window - need a built in extension. Interior lighting is awful. Remote unlock button is too big - anything in your pocket will activate it. Drivers door must be manually unlocked.