Noisy like a Jeep Wrangler
By huhwuuuuut? on
2005 Subaru Forester X AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 4A)
My ownership experience was short, and for good reason. This vehicle is deceivingly small, slow to respond to driver input, and extremely noisy. The windows are prone to extreme wind noise, and there is no good fix for it. Autotragic transmission felt as if it was on life support at 50,000 miles. If you have to buy one of these, look for a stick shift. Gas mileage is decent for an AWD vehicle, I think that I averaged 22-23. If you are looking for a roomy family vehicle, keep looking. My old Honda Civic was bigger than this tin can.
Favorite Features
AWD, front seat reasonably comfortable, good in the rain
Suggested Improvements
Worst window design in automotive history (so noisy that you would think that the window was open), stupidest automatic transmission around (it completely ignores driver input).
By truth_b_told
on 09/05/13 14:37 PM (PDT)

Great Review and everything you said is true. My 2005 subaru forester, and my mom's 2005 forester both have the horrible wind noise. I call mine The Hurricane because it's so loud. It also comes alone with rattles and squeaks galore...rattles from the back seat, front seat, brake petal, exhaust pipe, suspension, etc, etc, etc. Can't wait to sell it!!