2005 Subaru Forester Consumer Review: Just what I wanted

2005 Subaru Forester Wagon - Consumer Review

Just what I wanted
By car37 on

2005 Subaru Forester XT AWD 4dr Wagon w/Premium Package (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

I am very pleased with my Forester XT. It is fun to drive, just the right size, nicely designed though not flashy. The right price/value for the overall package. I will upgrade tires, battery and brakes when the time comes to replace for better performance and on battery for stronger starts in cold weather. I have gained a number of paint chips on the front (in 5.5 months which I'm not happy about and need to get fixed. I wonder if I should install a "clear bra" or some other type of paint protection. I also wish I'd purchased the cargo nets for the back to hold basics like extra washer fluid. I'd buy another one for sure!

Leather interior, heated seats, auto-dimming rear view mirror with compass, turbo for extra spunk, alloy wheels - and of course the huge moonroof.

Sound system - nice enough but not great, better battery, include anchors for cargo nets so that holes don't have to be to drilled after purchase.