Happy Subaru owner
By J on
2005 Subaru Forester X AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 4A)
I used to drive a 2750lbs 175HP Nissan Sentra so my new Subaru with 3135lbs 166HP felt a bit sluggish at first. I also test drove an XT but decided to buy X because of the price difference and gas price. After the break-in miles, the car responds much better and I don't feel it's slow at all. In fact, Forester X has more than enough power. The ride is great and the mileage averaged 27MPG so far (80% highway 20% city). The best mileage I got was 34MPG on a 100% highway trip with cruise set at 65MPH. I couldn't believe the mileage and I made sure I calculated right! I hope it improves further since I have only 4000 miles on the odometer.
Favorite Features
All Wheel Drive great in snow, stand fog lights, excellent visibility, heavy duty suspension and ride comfort, great handling, interior design and gas mileage!
Suggested Improvements
Better standard audio. I already replaced the front stock speakers with Alpine speakers. It made a night and day difference and I only spent $50 for the front two speakers. Subaru should have installed better speakers from the start. The factory ones looked really cheap.