2005 Subaru Forester - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forester model:
Great Deal
By The Analog Kid on 03/07/05 18:23 PM (PST)

2005 Subaru Forester X AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This was my first car purchase, and for the money, gas mileage, performance, safety, and reliability I am very glad I bought the Forester. Great design, fun to drive, and great in the snow/ice/wet roads. The mountains are no match for this car and I have had no qualms or buyer's remorse. Lots of space, good for highway or city commute. I would recommend Subaru's college graduate program for it too. A lot of car for the money.

10,000 miles follow-up
By kb on 03/05/05 14:24 PM (PST)

2005 Subaru Forester XT AWD 4dr Wagon w/Premium Package (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

After 10,000 miles my '05 Forester XT Premium 5M is still wonderful. I average 24.7 mpg city/highway with a 5 day-a-week 100% city commute. So far best mpg 33.4, worst 15.2. The car is an excellent value, lots of standard features, great handling and excelleration. All better than its primary competition, like the CRV, Rav4, and Liberty. I looked at them all, including more expensive vehicles like X3, Touareg, and 4Runner (any anything else you can think of). It's a little difficult to pack all my gear into, including my dog's crate, but it can be done if you were any good at Tetris. I use a roof box, a Thule Cascade 1500.

I love it!
By agesau on 02/28/05 13:59 PM (PST)

2005 Subaru Forester XT AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

We just bought a Subaru Forester XT and love to drive it! It turns on a dime, easy to park, and drives like a dream. We've only had the car about a month but so far we are extremely pleased with our purchase.

Subaru # 7
By ihtpsswrds on 02/25/05 21:32 PM (PST)

2005 Subaru Forester XT AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

This buggy replaces my wife's 2004 Forester that was hit TWICE while stopped in traffic. An incredibly safe vehicle. We walked away both times with very few injuries. Both times we were plowed by much larger trucks; you should see the other guy:). My wife prefers the zero hip entry height of this over my slightly lower Outback. The Turbo adds zip and a feeling of "lightness" during acceleration and the "smart" airbags front and side are a great comfort. The seat heaters and the climate control system are perfect for the local climate, where an hour's drive may take you over a 40 degree temp change. If it wasn't for the outside temp display, you might not notice the difference.

After 1500 miles
By Hamilton Coolidge on 02/24/05 08:07 AM (PST)

2005 Subaru Forester X AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Very satisfied overall. Comfortable, Excellent All wheel drive control in snow and slippery conditions. Very responsive steering, braking and acceleration. Many interior storage opportunities, no waste space. Full size spare tire. Interior lighting excellent. Tail gate easy to operate. Good storage space.

a good family car
By slipsheet on 02/16/05 21:19 PM (PST)

2005 Subaru Forester X AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased to add a second car to family for my wife. Hadn't needed two cars for previous three years as I was a night shifter. Primary factors driving this purchase were snow driving, safety and fuel economy. Additionally it's a very good looking car. Car handled great in the one or two snowstorms we had this year. Also mpg is 10 higher than some of the slightly larger suv's in same market. We weren't looking for a tank, just a car that handled better in the snow than our '00 Jetta. Backseat is a little tight for adults but the only person that uses it is our three year old in a car seat. We also shopped the Honda CR-V but chose this because it fit us better.

Forester 2.5 X
By Peter on 02/16/05 11:23 AM (PST)

2005 Subaru Forester X AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Have had several Subaru's over the years as I live in snowbelt country. Car gets you there with its AWD. Have had very few problems in the past, thus the purchase of a new Forester. I didn't need all the frills so I got the plain X model, but it has all the stuff I need. Great so far.

Pleasant Surprise
By Bob C on 02/12/05 11:29 AM (PST)

2005 Subaru Forester XT AWD 4dr Wagon w/Premium Package (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

Trying to find my wife a useful non-barge wagon or SUV, looked at Outback, took a chance on Forester. Congratulating myself. Turbo is very quick, handles way better than most sedans, feels bulletproof, great build quality. Took it from GA to New England over holidays, got into big snow, AWD very confidence building. Highly recommend.

Perfect
By enerl on 02/10/05 13:47 PM (PST)

2005 Subaru Forester XS AWD 4dr Wagon w/Moonroof (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Dealer delivered as promised. Driving easy, mileage excellent, and it lives up to its safety review. Moonroof is perfect size and easy to operate, as is sound system. Have LL Bean model and it is such fun to drive with all the bells and whistles. People comment on looks.

Pretty Blue Suub, color that is
By forester on 02/07/05 18:53 PM (PST)

2005 Subaru Forester X AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Very poor interior quality! Bright color looks nice when brand new and after one year only when its wet! No leg room in back seat. Sad. if only they would put quality exterior paint and finish and quality material inside I would say this was the best vehicle around. Back seat lacks comfort for adults and if you have one car seat there's only one more seat comfortably available.