2005 Subaru Forester Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forester model:
Forester Fan Forever!
By Tom in FL on 03/31/05 14:42 PM (PST)

2005 Subaru Forester Wagon XS L.L.Bean Edition AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This is a small SUV that just loves you back with its performance, economy, and looks. I have never had a car before where people seeing it just stop and stare and then all nod their heads to their friends! And I thought the Outback was great; it is but the Forester L.L. Bean Edition is a luxury car with a good value price. And I don't want to forget the wonderful service by my Subaru dealer which is seldom needed!

Great Compact SUV
By Ed on 03/30/05 02:44 AM (PST)

2005 Subaru Forester Wagon XT AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

Fabulous acceleration. Handles and rides like a sedan. Subaru AWD is excellent. Slippery conditions are handled like they do not exist. Plenty of compartments for storage throughout the vehicle. The cargo area is large and very well designed. Drop the flat folding rear seats and the area is cavernous. Very comfortable and we love the power seat and the upgraded audio system that is standard. Turbo engine is really powerful and there is no turbo lag. Overall, a great compact SUV. Kudos to Subaru.

The Subaru experience
By Forrester XS 2.5 on 03/29/05 19:14 PM (PST)

2005 Subaru Forester Wagon XS AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This was/is the car of my dreams. The price was right, and it drives like my dreams. No trouble in over a year, has all the bells and whistles and they all work with out a problem. I could wish for better in city mileage, but would not give this car up. I would buy it again.

Absolutely Awesome SUV!
By TomnThurmont on 03/25/05 15:11 PM (PST)

2005 Subaru Forester Wagon XS L.L.Bean Edition AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This is easiest the best vehicle I've ever owned! It's comfortable (even for a big guy - 6'3", 230 lbs.), gets incredible gas mileage (I average over 27 mpg), and is really fun to drive. You get the good of a SUV (visibility, ease of entry/exit, etc.) as well as superior performance/gas mileage. What a fantastic vehicle!

Great vehicle
By Michele on 03/22/05 17:33 PM (PST)

2005 Subaru Forester Wagon XS L.L.Bean Edition AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Fantastic vehicle. Great handling and control of the road. We had much snow this winter and this vehicle can get through anything. Overall a wonderful experience.

Satisfied Multiple Forester Owner
By Norman Griffin on 03/19/05 19:20 PM (PST)

2005 Subaru Forester Wagon XS AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

The Subaru Forester is one of the best Vehicles that I have ever owned. We bought our first Forester in Sept 1997 a new 98 model. In October we went to Maine to visit friends, We had a very comfortable trip from PA. It snowed 8" and the Forester was a pleasure to drive in snow. I drive 65 miles each way to work and since 1997 our Forester got me there every day. That Forester now has 195,000 miles on it and when we decided we needed new car for my 130 mile commute there was no thinking about it - off we went to our Subaru dealer and drove home with a new 2.5XS. The original Forester is the L version and now it takes my wife on her daily commute of 5 miles. It feels good in the snow she says.

Buy it!
By John on 03/18/05 19:57 PM (PST)

2005 Subaru Forester Wagon X AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This car is great in snow , comfortable...gets great gas mileage and has ample horsepower. One of the best all around cars.....It weighs in at over 3000 lbs so is not dimunitive. Highly reccommend for safety, fun and value.

EPA Mileage Joke
By Bluepassion on 03/15/05 11:15 AM (PST)

2005 Subaru Forester Wagon X AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Forester, but the mileage is horrible. After several road trips I am lucky to get 22 MPG. This I find unacceptable. I have been driving like a Grandpa as well. I also find the performance to be sluggish at high speed. I can only muster 108 MPH top end from this car. Pathetic. I will drive it and I am going to start driving it hard. I had hoped for a more economical vehicle. At this juncture I almost should have opted for the Honda.The only reason I dont go back to an Audi is the arrogant price.

The perfect mix
By TWBnMD on 03/10/05 11:40 AM (PST)

2005 Subaru Forester Wagon XS L.L.Bean Edition AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

The LLBean edition Forester is the perfect mix of utility/performance/value! It's as roomy as a Pilot on the inside, but gets better overall numbers than the CR-V. Extremely comfortable interior, even for tall/large individuals - I'm 6'3", 235 lbs.). I'm already getting mpg in the 26-27 range, and it's not even broken in good yet. This is an amazing vehicle that I'm positive I'll enjoy for years to come. If you're looking at CR-Vs, stop looking, because Subaru delivers the ultimate SUV!

I love this car!
By Nanc on 03/08/05 23:34 PM (PST)

2005 Subaru Forester Wagon XS L.L.Bean Edition AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I wanted an SUV for my sports, and a safe and reliable vehicle to transport my family and grandchildren. This car is wonderful!