2005 Subaru Forester Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forester model:
Quite the little power house!
By Ruben Escatell on 07/12/05 01:24 AM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Forester Wagon XT AWD 4dr Wagon w/Premium Package (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This Subaru (my first!) exceeded my expectations of a mini SUV ... handles more like a sports car with its breathtaking acceleration and road-hugging suspension. With state-of-the-art sound system, this car as a highway cruiser year round has no peer, whether in snow, sleet, rain, or sun!

Good Value Overall
By Speedwagon on 06/19/05 22:35 PM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Forester Wagon X AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This is the first Subaru I've owned and it compares favorably to the RAV4 and the CR-V. It's a tremendous value for the money. However, the interior lacks the refinement of European counterparts - both in terms of materials and ergonomics. Road noise and wind noise are excessive. Although the engine has nice low-end torque, it has inadequate passing power on the highway.

I love this car
By PW on 06/17/05 15:18 PM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Forester Wagon X AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

After hearing some of my friends rave about their Subarus, I had been looking at buying the Forester for 2 years. I finally decided to buy in April and this is the best car I've ever owned --- it's a pleasure to drive, has plenty of cargo space, and great gas mileage.

Forester XT
By Mike C on 06/16/05 12:30 PM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Forester Wagon XT AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I purchased this auto wanting the performance of a sedan and the cargo capacity of a mid-sized SUV. I feel that the XT has the "sports car performance" and SUV attributes that are equal or better than other autos in its class. Similar to the performance is the quality of the powerplant and drivetrain. I feel that the Forester XT has the quality and longevity that will make it enjoyable for many years to come.

great car
By chris on 06/10/05 16:27 PM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Forester Wagon X AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

My wife and I love this car! We have the base 2.5 x and it has all of the basic features plus many safety features we wanted and is surprisingly quick. Performs really well. Only regret not getting a sunroof and the clutch is a little rough but overall a really solid, good looking SUV that is easy on the wallet.

GREAT VEHICLE
By 4TIRES on 06/03/05 16:21 PM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Forester Wagon X AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I've had it for 2 months now and did some camping (therefore loaded it a lot) drove in hilly roads and so far, nothing to complain about! Great purchase, great handling, good power/weight ratio. Good feature too, the hill holder that prevent the vehicle from going backward on an inclined road (excellent when you are fully loaded in a very steep road at a traffic light).

New Subaru Owner
By ICW on 05/31/05 18:53 PM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Forester Wagon XT AWD 4dr Wagon w/Premium Package (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

Just got an automatic 2005 XT turbo Forester last week. Took it on a trip to New York city for Memorial Day weekend from PA (approximately 350 mile round trip). We love everything about this car so far! We were looking for a car with more cargo space than our two compact sedans, but were not interested in a large SUV or minivan. We have a 1 1/2 year old baby and what initially attracted us to Forester was its high safety rating by Consumer Report. We also are looking for a AWD or 4WD for the winter. After looking at various small SUV and wagons (Honda CRV, Toyota RAV 4, etc) we decided to go with Subaru based on many positive reviews. I personally love the extra power turbo provides.

great all around vehicle
By mcbrunl on 05/28/05 18:22 PM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Forester Wagon XS AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This is our first AWD vehicle. We did a lot of research via web/word of mouth and were led to the Subaru Forester. We were not disappointed, it has performed in a very admirable manner since we got it. The ride is very comfortable, the gas mileage is very decent (around 24mpg). the handling is exceptional. We did have a couple of body discrepancies that came with the car, but dealership rectified them promptly. We are totally content with this vehicle at this time.

Forester Fun
By scooby on 05/24/05 17:43 PM (PDT)

This is a very comfortable and fun car to drive. Plenty of power when needed even though fuel mileage is not that good. Fit and finish exceptional.

Worthy Audi successor
By Phil C on 05/24/05 09:48 AM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Forester Wagon XS L.L.Bean Edition AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

"El Coche Frijol" (The Beanmobile!) replaced our Audi A4q V6 and in 3 months has won our hearts! With its comfortable interior, creature comforts, HUGE sunroof, excellent handling and good gas mileage (the Audi was terrible!) it is hard to beat. We wanted a comfortable, well appointed and nimble AWD car without a premium price tag and it delivers in spades. The combination of the White/Platinum exterior and light tan/beige leather looks very sharp and makes it a good "hot climate" vehicle. Important as we live in Texas!