2005 Subaru Forester - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forester model:
Fun Crossover SUV
By BTR on 01/12/05 11:11 AM (PST)

2005 Subaru Forester X AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

The Forester is an awesome crossover SUV. While slightly more expensive than some of its competitors, considering what is included makes it a superior value. This is a truly FUN car / SUV to drive; its peppy engine (largest standard engine in its class) and excellent handling (aided by AWD technology) make it a winner! Lots of room inside, and plenty of storage nooks. A great all-around vehicle - enjoy!

Going Up
By QuickTM on 11/15/04 13:09 PM (PST)

2005 Subaru Forester X AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have a cabin in the mountains, and I need AWD for the winter. I recently went up for the weekend only to see Cars coming down the mountian with their flashers on (because of snow) however my little subie handled perfectly with out a slip. I thought I would be getting better gas mileage than I am, only getting about 26-28 on the highway (must be my lead foot). There is nothing bad about the car that relatively cheap aftermarket gear can't fix --talking about shifter knobs and tint not expensive body kits.

Best suv for suv haters
By New to Subaru on 10/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Forester X AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

The forester has been a great car so far. We have had it for about 2 weeks and it is getting about 29MPG on mixed driving. We needed more room for camping, bikes, dog, and eventually children and had a hard time buying a suv. The only thing that won us over is that it is as close to a car as you can get end gets better milage than most cars do. The car feels solid even when comparing it to the prelude we traded in for it. Still in the break in perid so we haven't run it hard yet. We would recomend the car to anyone.

Fuel saver safe fun
By GJM on 10/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Forester X AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Just purchased 2 weeks ago and already have over 2000 miles on it.I'm getting 30 plus on the highway and I'm looking forward to the snow.Handles well.I never drove a stick before but picked it up quickly on this model.

Great Car
By ForesterAccord on 09/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Forester X AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Only have 3000 miles on it but it is perfect! Over 30 mpg in city; great shift. Very comfortable. Dealer was great.

Sturdy No-Nonsence Quality Vehicle
By MRT123 on 08/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Forester X AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

the Subaru Forester is a quality built and safe all-wheel drive alternative to many SUV's without this level of safety. the Forester has not Roll-over warning like most of the SUV's on the market. That little "roll-over" warning posted on the driver's side sun visor in most SUV's is a Death sentance" in an accident. You don't have to worry about that in the Foester.