2005 Subaru Forester Consumer Review: 2005 Forester

2005 Subaru Forester Wagon - Consumer Review

2005 Forester
By Bryan on

2005 Subaru Forester XS AWD 4dr Wagon w/Moonroof (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I have had the ability to side-by-side compare a new CR-V against my new Forester because my mother-in-law bought a Honda two months before I bought the Subaru. She drove my Subaru a half dozen times & wishes she had got the Subaru in hindsight! She does love the fact tha ther Honda CR-V is known for excellent reliability. My opinion in comparison - both cars are practical and fun to drive. I feel the Subaru has a bit better finish and a more solid feel to it. The spare belongs in the car, Honda. I'm partial to the aesthetic of the Subaru, but that too is subjective. Handling is another matter though, no subjective opinion here - the Subaru just handles better. Both need better MPG!

Storage places abound. The handling on twisty mountain passes. Full-size spare tire in the car. Clean styling in/out. 6-Disc player. G-i-g-a-n-t-i-c sunroof.

Better gas mileage. Five speed auto please. Better stock stereo speakers. A better center arm rest and better cupholder arrangement.