2005 Subaru Forester Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forester model:
great car
By chris on 06/10/05 16:27 PM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Forester Wagon X AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

My wife and I love this car! We have the base 2.5 x and it has all of the basic features plus many safety features we wanted and is surprisingly quick. Performs really well. Only regret not getting a sunroof and the clutch is a little rough but overall a really solid, good looking SUV that is easy on the wallet.

GREAT VEHICLE
By 4TIRES on 06/03/05 16:21 PM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Forester Wagon X AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I've had it for 2 months now and did some camping (therefore loaded it a lot) drove in hilly roads and so far, nothing to complain about! Great purchase, great handling, good power/weight ratio. Good feature too, the hill holder that prevent the vehicle from going backward on an inclined road (excellent when you are fully loaded in a very steep road at a traffic light).

Buy it!
By John on 03/18/05 19:57 PM (PST)

2005 Subaru Forester Wagon X AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This car is great in snow , comfortable...gets great gas mileage and has ample horsepower. One of the best all around cars.....It weighs in at over 3000 lbs so is not dimunitive. Highly reccommend for safety, fun and value.

EPA Mileage Joke
By Bluepassion on 03/15/05 11:15 AM (PST)

2005 Subaru Forester Wagon X AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Forester, but the mileage is horrible. After several road trips I am lucky to get 22 MPG. This I find unacceptable. I have been driving like a Grandpa as well. I also find the performance to be sluggish at high speed. I can only muster 108 MPH top end from this car. Pathetic. I will drive it and I am going to start driving it hard. I had hoped for a more economical vehicle. At this juncture I almost should have opted for the Honda.The only reason I dont go back to an Audi is the arrogant price.

Great Deal
By The Analog Kid on 03/07/05 18:23 PM (PST)

2005 Subaru Forester Wagon X AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This was my first car purchase, and for the money, gas mileage, performance, safety, and reliability I am very glad I bought the Forester. Great design, fun to drive, and great in the snow/ice/wet roads. The mountains are no match for this car and I have had no qualms or buyer's remorse. Lots of space, good for highway or city commute. I would recommend Subaru's college graduate program for it too. A lot of car for the money.

After 1500 miles
By Hamilton Coolidge on 02/24/05 08:07 AM (PST)

2005 Subaru Forester Wagon X AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Very satisfied overall. Comfortable, Excellent All wheel drive control in snow and slippery conditions. Very responsive steering, braking and acceleration. Many interior storage opportunities, no waste space. Full size spare tire. Interior lighting excellent. Tail gate easy to operate. Good storage space.

a good family car
By slipsheet on 02/16/05 21:19 PM (PST)

2005 Subaru Forester Wagon X AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased to add a second car to family for my wife. Hadn't needed two cars for previous three years as I was a night shifter. Primary factors driving this purchase were snow driving, safety and fuel economy. Additionally it's a very good looking car. Car handled great in the one or two snowstorms we had this year. Also mpg is 10 higher than some of the slightly larger suv's in same market. We weren't looking for a tank, just a car that handled better in the snow than our '00 Jetta. Backseat is a little tight for adults but the only person that uses it is our three year old in a car seat. We also shopped the Honda CR-V but chose this because it fit us better.

Forester 2.5 X
By Peter on 02/16/05 11:23 AM (PST)

2005 Subaru Forester Wagon X AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Have had several Subaru's over the years as I live in snowbelt country. Car gets you there with its AWD. Have had very few problems in the past, thus the purchase of a new Forester. I didn't need all the frills so I got the plain X model, but it has all the stuff I need. Great so far.

2005 Forester
By Traci on 01/26/05 17:27 PM (PST)

2005 Subaru Forester Wagon X AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

We really enjoy our new car, we love driving Subaru's. We had a Impreza Outback Sport and loved it also but just needed more room for the family.

05 2.5 X is dreamy
By jeremy in AZ on 01/15/05 13:27 PM (PST)

2005 Subaru Forester Wagon X AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I feel I got a lot of car for the money. Has been great in all conditions: highway, snowy weather, muddy backroads, rough and loose jeep- type trails. Lots of cargo room. A nice balance of performance and gas mileage. Yes, the upgraded models have a plusher interior...but the X is bomber as is.