2005 Subaru Forester - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forester model:
Fun to drive
By naomi1 on 10/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Forester XS AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I have had my Subaru Forester 2005 for about one month. I was previously driving a dodge caravan which was not great in the snow. I love this car. Great traction, smooth quiet ride, great on gas. Lots of room with the back seats folded down. Easy to drive, I thought it might be slow but it is quite peppy!!

Best suv for suv haters
By New to Subaru on 10/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Forester X AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

The forester has been a great car so far. We have had it for about 2 weeks and it is getting about 29MPG on mixed driving. We needed more room for camping, bikes, dog, and eventually children and had a hard time buying a suv. The only thing that won us over is that it is as close to a car as you can get end gets better milage than most cars do. The car feels solid even when comparing it to the prelude we traded in for it. Still in the break in perid so we haven't run it hard yet. We would recomend the car to anyone.

1st time Subaru owner
By 1st time Subaru on 10/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Forester XT AWD 4dr Wagon w/Premium Package (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

We tested the Honda Pilot and Toyota 4- Runner and ended up with the Subaru! Our second choice was the Honda Pilot. Thumbs down for the 4-Runner.

Fantastic Forester!
By BaldBabs on 10/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Forester XS AWD 4dr Wagon w/Moonroof (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Love this vehicle!!!! It's very comfortable and handles great. I've never had one problem with it ever!! I only wish it got a bit better gas milage but I'm happy to spend a little more on gas and have All Wheel Drive. I used to clutch the steering wheel in wet weather but now I feel completely safe and in control. Love the Subaru and the support staff is knowledgable and friendly.

Good Value
By Jeferty on 10/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Forester XS AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

You get a lot for your money with this car. In my price range, with my height, I narrowed the search down to the Subaru and the Nissan Altima. The Forester won hands down with a more solid build, better features, and tons of cargo room.

05 Forrester
By garyd3 on 10/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Forester XT AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

Have the car for a few weeks now and enjoy driving it. Had a 94 Legacy before, and like the workmanship that goes into the Subaru line. Car is peppy, drives like it should... not a comfy as a sedan, but not as choppy as a SUV. Consumer rating was 8.7 when I wrote this, but rating should be higher if you add up the ratings. Mistake here I think. Make sure if the offer you an extended warranty/service plan that you negociate HEAVILY or dont get it at all. Watch out for the "scare technique". Overall I am very happy with the purchase. These cars can get expensive but if this is close to the 94 Legacy I have, well worth the investment.

Be Aware of the TURBO !!!
By marcel on 10/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Forester XT AWD 4dr Wagon w/Premium Package (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Great practical vehicle for snowy regions, comfortable and easy to drive. Blends into traffic, and surprises everyone with it's eat my dust acceleration. Extremely maneuverable once you get used to the car's power, and breaking abilities, but start SLOWLY as the turbo power will really overwhelm you! Install a remote starter and your winter mornings will feel very cozy, with heated, seats, mirrors, and wipers. I drive alone most of the time, so removing the passanger, and rear headrests greatly improved visibility, which you need in order to handle the turbo in traffic. GREATEST ALL AROUND VEHICLE FOR THE PRICE.

Fun Practical Sleeper
By Sleeperxt on 10/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Forester XT AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I have had this wagon for a little over a year now. It is one of the most practical vehicles I have ever owned. My wife drives a Sequoia. We use that truck to tow our camper and for long trips (200+ miles). Other than that, it's almost always the Forester that gets the call. We have two boys and activities include Soccer and Baseball, both of which I coach, I cary lots of equip.and it all fits. Now for my payoff. I do not participate in or condone street racing!, but just up to the speed limit (50-60)this vehicle can be devistating to just about anything under the hottest offering of the Vette. AWD and a short 1st-2nd gear+250hp (Subaru understates it's rating)=fast.

Fuel saver safe fun
By GJM on 10/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Forester X AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Just purchased 2 weeks ago and already have over 2000 miles on it.I'm getting 30 plus on the highway and I'm looking forward to the snow.Handles well.I never drove a stick before but picked it up quickly on this model.

Fun to drive do everthing vehicle
By peter james on 09/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Forester XT AWD 4dr Wagon w/Premium Package (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I couldn't be more pleased with my Forester XT. Two features stand out for me. One, the car's performance exceeds my expectations every time I drive it. The acceleration is outstanding and it holds the road better than many sport sedans. The second feature is the build quality. This is a very solid car. I've taken it off road twice now. The forester is very solid with no extraneous shaking and the all wheel drive tracks very well in loose dirt. I'm actually looking forward to winter. The car also has nice features like the "no role back" breaking for hill starts. It isn't a beautiful car unless your into form following function.