2005 Subaru Forester Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forester model:
2nd Subaru in the family
By Joe Popsy on 01/04/05 09:50 AM (PST)

2005 Subaru Forester Wagon XS AWD 4dr Wagon w/Moonroof (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This is the 2nd Forester in the family; my father has the other one. Cross shopped the CR-V. Forester feels more 'solid'. Open and close the doors, grab the seats, touch the controls; this is a well made vehicle. Driving around in the vehicle, you really feel connected to the road; it handles corners nicely and feels confident. The 2.5l engine (non turbo) is perfectly fine for every day driving; no it won't pin you to the back of the seat but then again I didn't buy a vehicle like this for that reason either. You want acceptable performance, reliability, good resale, solid build, and nice mileage? Buy a Subaru Forester. Oh, the moonroof if you can afford it is phenomenal.

So far, very good
By new to Subaru on 12/29/04 14:36 PM (PST)

2005 Subaru Forester Wagon X AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

My pregnant wife and I bought a new Forester 2 months ago. She's been eyeing Foresters for a while, but I always thought they weren't "tough enough" for a big guy like me. She finally talked me into it, and I'm glad she did. We just had our first big snow of the year and the Forester was awesome! We felt safe, comfortable, and confident that the Subaru would get us around safely. So far, I've been impressed by the sportiness, handling, engineering, reliability, and fuel economy. We're getting about 24 mpg. After two months, I'm considering buying my own for my next car too, something I thought I would never say. We feel like we made a very smart decision and we highly recommend it.

Subaru Forester
By B .R. Broock on 12/27/04 22:49 PM (PST)

2005 Subaru Forester Wagon XT AWD 4dr Wagon w/Premium Package (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

Wanted a small-ish SUV. Checked out the deluxe Forester with auto & TURBO: What a surprise - this item SCOOTS! Handling is more like a small sportscar. Ample room up front. Couple of added pin- stripes lifted a bland exterior. Execel. mileage, fit and finish. Pricey for size ($28,000+-), but worth the bucks just for the FUN of it. Check it out! Bo

the little subaru that could!
By john on 12/16/04 09:37 AM (PST)

2005 Subaru Forester Wagon XT AWD 4dr Wagon w/Premium Package (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

i enjoy driving this truck very much, it has confidence-inspiring handling, great acceleration, and certain fun factor that is unexpected in a small suv. my other car is a 2004 corvette so i value driving fun when i consider a vehicle for purchase. and this subie does't disappoint! fit and finish is great. the wagon has a fine tailored look with supporting comfortable leather heated seats that truly warm your buns! there is plenty of cargo room for all,except perhaps large families going on a long vacation but there is a roof rack to help resolve that issue. i've had subarus in the past and the allwheel driving system is unstoppable in all weather conditions. this is a great car, forget about price points.

Zoom....Zoom
By Zoom....Zoom on 12/16/04 00:15 AM (PST)

After having the XT for four days...I'm hooked. The power from the turbo beats most sports cars and the ride is comfortable. The heated seats are awesome on cold days and the climate control keeps the temperature nice and even. It was nice to fill up for $25 instead of the $45 I used to spend in my truck. Overall, I would say this is the best built, fastest, well featured car I've owed. Hats off to the Subie.

a great suvon "suv wagon"
By letsgoyankees on 12/14/04 18:23 PM (PST)

2005 Subaru Forester Wagon XT AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

A very fun car to drive. Great performance on wet and dry roads once you get a set of good tires on. Gas milage is not that bad for the amount of power you get. Great visibality for merging into traffic.

Wonderful Auto
By a_bum on 11/29/04 04:54 AM (PST)

2005 Subaru Forester Wagon XS AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This is one well built car! Extremely solid feeling and it seems that everywhere you look, it is evident the engineers put a lot of thought into the design. Despite not being a turbo, I haven't found myself in a situation where I needed more power than what this naturally aspirated engine puts out. Good low end torque gets you moving pretty quickly. Chose this over a Honda CRV because of the lower risk of rollover and a superior interior.

Going Up
By QuickTM on 11/15/04 13:09 PM (PST)

2005 Subaru Forester Wagon X AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have a cabin in the mountains, and I need AWD for the winter. I recently went up for the weekend only to see Cars coming down the mountian with their flashers on (because of snow) however my little subie handled perfectly with out a slip. I thought I would be getting better gas mileage than I am, only getting about 26-28 on the highway (must be my lead foot). There is nothing bad about the car that relatively cheap aftermarket gear can't fix --talking about shifter knobs and tint not expensive body kits.

subaru forester
By epatrovs on 11/13/04 14:18 PM (PST)

2005 Subaru Forester Wagon XS AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Great little SUV. Fun to drive and gets great gas mileage.

forester feedback
By margo on 11/11/04 23:33 PM (PST)

2005 Subaru Forester Wagon XS AWD 4dr Wagon w/Moonroof (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

My 2003 s forester has consistently handled all road conditions at high speed as well as bumper to bumper trafic.