Used 2005 Subaru Forester Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Subaru Forester - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forester model:

Quite the little power house!
By Ruben Escatell

2005 Subaru Forester XT AWD 4dr Wagon w/Premium Package (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This Subaru (my first!) exceeded my expectations of a mini SUV ... handles more like a sports car with its breathtaking acceleration and road-hugging suspension. With state-of-the-art sound system, this car as a highway cruiser year round has no peer, whether in snow, sleet, rain, or sun!

Turbo-charged engine, symmetrical AWD, sound system, automatic climate control.

Nothing. To really spoil me, a navigation system would be a nice premium touch.

Good Value Overall
By Speedwagon

2005 Subaru Forester X AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This is the first Subaru I've owned and it compares favorably to the RAV4 and the CR-V. It's a tremendous value for the money. However, the interior lacks the refinement of European counterparts - both in terms of materials and ergonomics. Road noise and wind noise are excessive. Although the engine has nice low-end torque, it has inadequate passing power on the highway.

Smooth ride, great handling, AWD, visibility, reliability, manual climate control.

Needs telescoping steering wheel, stronger interior lighting, and higher driver's door armrest. Wind and road noise could be reduced. Subaru should replace the the frameless windows with regular framed windows - might help with excessive wind noise.

I love this car
By PW

2005 Subaru Forester X AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

After hearing some of my friends rave about their Subarus, I had been looking at buying the Forester for 2 years. I finally decided to buy in April and this is the best car I've ever owned --- it's a pleasure to drive, has plenty of cargo space, and great gas mileage.

Heated side mirrors, rear wiper, automatic turn-off lights, fog lights, AWD, fuel economy, overall ride quality.

Nothing, I love this car.

Forester XT
By Mike C

2005 Subaru Forester XT AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I purchased this auto wanting the performance of a sedan and the cargo capacity of a mid-sized SUV. I feel that the XT has the "sports car performance" and SUV attributes that are equal or better than other autos in its class. Similar to the performance is the quality of the powerplant and drivetrain. I feel that the Forester XT has the quality and longevity that will make it enjoyable for many years to come.

A more "sporty" exterior compared to older Forester models.

Optional six speed?

great car
By chris

2005 Subaru Forester X AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

My wife and I love this car! We have the base 2.5 x and it has all of the basic features plus many safety features we wanted and is surprisingly quick. Performs really well. Only regret not getting a sunroof and the clutch is a little rough but overall a really solid, good looking SUV that is easy on the wallet.

All wheel drive, air bags, anti lock breaks, 4 cylinder engine, CD player.

Sun roof standard on all models.