05 Forrester
By garyd3 on
2005 Subaru Forester XT AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 4A)
Have the car for a few weeks now and enjoy driving it. Had a 94 Legacy before, and like the workmanship that goes into the Subaru line. Car is peppy, drives like it should... not a comfy as a sedan, but not as choppy as a SUV. Consumer rating was 8.7 when I wrote this, but rating should be higher if you add up the ratings. Mistake here I think. Make sure if the offer you an extended warranty/service plan that you negociate HEAVILY or dont get it at all. Watch out for the "scare technique". Overall I am very happy with the purchase. These cars can get expensive but if this is close to the 94 Legacy I have, well worth the investment.
Favorite Features
Acceleration. This car has some get up and go. It really kicks in when it shifts into second gear and RPM's between 3-4K. Get the Sunroof. The thing is huge and makes it seem like you are driving a convertable on sunny days.
Suggested Improvements
Didnt get the subwoofer add-on, but will. I am disappointed with the the sound system )speakers. Highway driving is comfy but passing speed (going from 65-75) is less than I expected from 210 HP and the torque listed. Armrest is cheaply screwed in.