Subaru and storage too!
By Roscoe on
2004 Subaru Forester XS AWD 4dr Wagon w/Premium Leather Package (2.5L 4cyl 4A)
I recently purchased the 03 Subaru forester. I was quoted a price of $500 below invoice. This is a great car. I only had it for two days and had to take my lawnmower in for service, no problem roll it in, bungy it down (love those cargo hooks) and away we go. Couldn't do that in my maxima. This car has nice acceleration and it is not underpowered in my opinion, although I probably will not get invited to any nascar events! This car for me is the right balance between function and car without being a truck or over sized SUV. I test drove the Mazda tribute which is an excellent vehicle as well, but Subaru really has the AWD figured out.
Favorite Features
Storage, storage - everywhere. Elegant solution for the cell phone cord.Storage for a long umbrella, as well as many nooks, crannies, cargo hooks,trays, cubby holes etc. Engine and drive train are excellent. Visibility in this car is absolutely awesome!
Suggested Improvements
A big fat GPS system would be nice and I am still getting used to the automatic shifter that goes from side to side when you put the car in drive. I am sure it is a safety feature, but it is still a little foreign to me. Did I mention this car has a lot of storage?