2004 Subaru Forester Consumer Review: Still in Love 5 years later!

2004 Subaru Forester - Consumer Review

XT Wagon (2.5L 4-cyl. Turbo AWD 5-speed Manual)

Still in Love 5 years later!
By EJGauthier on

2004 Subaru Forester XT AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Did my research before buying my Subie. Used to drive 4X4 Cherokee 4.0L. Rented one for a few weeks to test it properly, but it wasn't a turbo. Test drove the new 2004 Turbo and bought it on the spot. Has every feature possible and most accessories. I changeover my tires Winter(use Toyo Walnut shell composite)/Summer( still have my factory tires). The AWD, antilock brakes and low center of gravity has proven to be an extremely stable, safe and solid vehicle for me. I would buy the same again in a NY minute. Love the rearview mirror with autodimmer and compass. Love the weatherband radio! Love leather smells awesome everytime I sit down. Love the great big sunroof, increases my big sky country!

Favorite Features

Turbo charged acceleration, interior finish, big windows feels large and minimizes blind spots for 360 degrees. Has the character of a wagon and the feel of a sports car. Autodimmer rearview mirror saves from the bright headlights. Big sunroof, turns subie into a convertible.

Suggested Improvements

I would have liked an electric 8 point drivers seat as I spend a lot of time in there and heaters for my occasional backseat passengers.