Solid, Safe & Fun to drive
By Dan S. on
2004 Subaru Forester X AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)
This is my first Subaru and though I got it used and have only had it for a couple months, I know I made a good decision. The HUGE sunroof is wonderful. Comes with many safety features and this car sticks to the road like glue. I never anticipated it would be so fun to drive, with responsive handling and such a solid road feel. Interior materials look and feel well thought out and well put together - however there aren't many luxurious bells & whistles, just the necessities. If you want fancy features, this isn't the car for you. If you want fun, safety and moderate room for an active lifestyle, you're in the right place. Car is very well thought out, with an eye towards function.
Favorite Features
HUGE sunroof, solid construction & road feel, quality of interior components/appearance, handling, great rear visibility for reverse or lane changes.
Suggested Improvements
More power is primary suggestion, though not a big problem. To get picky: illuminate ALL buttons on driver's armrest, have front map lights come on when doors are open, allow power windows for 30 seconds after key is off, keep 12v outlet on while car is off.