2004 Subaru Forester Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forester model:
She's Hot!
By Everbill on 10/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Forester Wagon XT AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

My Forester Turbo is the greatest vehicle I've ever owned. She has lots of pizzaz, getting me in and out of traffic with ease. If I ever have to replace her it will be with another Forester Turbo.

Small SUV with a HUGE Attitude!
By Dr. Nutty on 09/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Forester Wagon XT AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

A great car to drive! Instant power for passing, and a AWD system that keeps you glued to the road in all weather conditions. This is the most enjoyable car i have ever owned. The XT has plenty of room, plenty of creature comforts, including an awesome stereo! I drive 80 miles roundtrip daily to work on a two lane country road, and needed a car that could safely get around logging trucks, etc and handle the snow and ice we get during the winter. After 18,000 miles, i think i picked the perfect car for living in northern Idaho.

I want a sunroof and a real armrest
By jlch on 09/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Forester Wagon X AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I want a sunroof and a real armrest. Good, reliable but no frills.

Solid Little SUV
By heidiincolorado on 09/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Forester Wagon X AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I've had this car 7 months and have 13,000 miles. It has been a very functional car and has good handling. I thought the gas mileage would be better but I guess I notice the gas mileage more when gas is $2 or more a gallon these days! My main complaint is the "rough" engine feel and highway noise at highway speeds. I would like a quieter and smoother ride.

I Love My Subaru!
By mbarie on 09/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Forester Wagon XS AWD 4dr Wagon w/Premium Package (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Although I've only had this car for 4 months I LOVE it! I also drive an Escape. To compare my Forrester to the Escape is like comparing apples to raisins. This is my 5th new car, but it's the first car I've ever been totally excited about. I've never owned a Subaru before, but I'm sure it won't be my last. It rides well, handles well, and is very comfortable. I also like knowing that it is highly rated when it comes to safety. It's culture shock on the days I have to drive the other car! If my early experience is any indicator, I'm hoping to be driving this car for many, many years to come.

Such a deal
By alloway70 on 08/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Forester Wagon XT AWD 4dr Wagon w/Premium Leather Package (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

I've had my XT for nearly a year now and have loved every minute with it. I've had absolutely no problems with the car although I think the dealship experience could be better. I knew when I purchased the car the gas mileage would be lower than I like, however I am willing to make the sacrifice (I commute to work via train, so when I drive the car its for fun). The Subaru Forester XT is the best purchase I've made in a long time and I got below invoice. Such a deal...

Fast but flawed
By spinynorman on 08/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

Great performance but sketchy engineering limits owner's enthusiasm. Turbo housing leakage needed 2 repairs. Door lock switch poorly positioned/ not illuminated. Radio/ heater display unreadable with sunglasses on. Automatic heat and defrost has mind of its own (nicknamed "HAL" by other owners). Roof rack has no tiedowns. Transmission whine @ 1-2 shift leaves dealer puzzled. Tires extend beyond wheelwhell, causing paint to chip off rocker panel when struck by sand put down on winter roads. (Subaru repainted vehicle and installed mudguards at no charge.)

solid, pleasant, fun vehicle
By dinosaur on 08/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Forester Wagon X AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

A unique blend of car and SUV with the best characteristics of both. A very smooth ride, great handling, comfortable seats and the best front legroom by far in its class. Excellent safety features and crash test results. Base model is well equipped. Fuel economy very good for size of vehicle and AWD. A conservative but not boring vehicle

DUMB-BAR = PAIN IN THE BACK
By dumb-bar victim on 08/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Forester Wagon XT AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

BEFORE YOU BUY THIS CAR, CHECK THE LUMBAR SUPPORT IN THE DRIVERS SEAT. YOU CAN ZIP OPEN THE BACK OF THE DRIVERS SEAT. THE LUMBAR IS A STEEL ROD WITH A PEICE OF PLASTIC ON IT. IT WILL CAUSE YOU MAJOR BACK PAIN AFTER ABOUT 1500 MILES. YOUR SPINE WILL REST ON THIS BAR AND YOU WILL BE SORRY YOU BOUGHT A $27,000 CAR WITH 27 CENT LUMBER SUPPORT.

Awesome!
By Jalina J on 08/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Forester Wagon XT AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

I just bought my Turbo Forester XT and I am in love with it! I looked at an XS, but as fate would have it, the dealer had a XT. I gave it a shot and was in love from the moment I put my foot on the accelerator. I love the extra ooomph it has and it comes in handy driving on the DC Beltway. It is just the right size for me and has everything I was looking for in a small SUV. The multitude of standard features was another plus and it felt good not having to load up the vehicle with extras that should come with a car/SUV. I look forward to snow!