2004 Subaru Forester Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forester model:
first subaru ihave ever bought
By new subaru owner on 09/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Forester Wagon X AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

The subaru X is a nice basic car. Feels solid, priced nicely. great low end torque.

The Total Package
By Chris & Lisa on 09/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Forester Wagon XT AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

This past June, my wife and I recently had a baby and we needed a vehicle with space, safety, and reliability being the primary features. Not wanting to relinquish my youthful sports car days I naturally suggested the WRX wagon. She had her eye on the Forester which at the time didnt have the turbo feature. I loved the WRX for being, well a WRX but we could just not compromise the space the Forester had to offer. Enter the Forester XT. This car was actually FASTER (yes faster) then the WRX and had all the space and comfort we needed to go with an all world safety pedigree. The Subaru Forester XT is the complete total package. Congrats Subaru, well done!!

xt premium does what it suppose to do...
By njswamplands on 09/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Forester Wagon XT AWD 4dr Wagon w/Premium Leather Package (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

excellent awd sedan/wagon type driving with great crash test scores. no one competes in this price/performance with easy entry ( no stepping up ) and awd. fun to drive wagon but be prepared for horrible gas mileage for its size. sun roof is HUGE, kids in 2nd row really enjoy it.

Very Happy
By Flippy on 09/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

I got a 2004 XT after desiring a small sports car yet wanting to hold on to something I could grow into were I to start a family. I was torn between the VW GTI and the 03 XS and then I drove the XT. It is a new feeling being in a car and knowing I can go 0- 60 faster that the 350z, the S200, the Porsche Boxter, and most Ferraris yet still have a lot of safety features, interior space, and know that my car will likely spen a lot less time in the shop then the other. The leather is extremely comfortable, the AC very effective and the handling compliant. I got it for less than 2% over invoice with some excellent financing.

Car of a lifetime
By Lovemysubaru on 09/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Forester Wagon XS AWD 4dr Wagon w/Premium Package (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This is just a wonderful car in every way.

A Great Car for a Small Family
By kcdeven on 09/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Forester Wagon X AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

We bought a white, 5-speed 2004 "X" model in August. So far, it has been a great car. We took it on a 400 mi road trip over Labor Day weekend, and it was great - comfortable, fun to drive, plenty of room for our family of 3 and all our gear. We're very, very happy with our purchase. The X came with every option we would ever need or use. The only problem so far is getting the hill-holder clutch to disengage when backing out of my driveway (which is on a hill). Otherwise, it's been smooth-driving!

Fabulous motor. It could be a V8.
By BigBen on 09/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Forester Wagon XT AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

Right sized, decent milage for an AWD, reputation for reliability, nice stereo/features - all have been said before about this car and are true. What's new is the this turbo-motor in this car - and it RULES. Tons of torque at low rpm - smooth, quiet, effortless acceleration with no fanfare. Amazing. Press harder on the accelerater and it accelerates very quickly and smoothly ,no waiting or spooling up of the turbo - a torque curve like an electric motor. Amazing. It will eat a Z-28 0-60mph, no problem. Amazing.

SECOND FORRESTER
By SWAT 1 on 09/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Forester Wagon XS AWD 4dr Wagon w/Premium Package (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

HAD A 1999 FORRESTER, A GOOD SUV, BUT DID NOT HAVE A SUNROOF. THIS 2004 IS ALMOST LIKE MY 1999, BUT WITH A SUNROOF AND A LOT MORE ACCESSORIES. BOTH ARE A PLEASURE TO DRIVE AND I COULD DRIVE ALL DAY AND NOT FEEL TIRED. HANDLES GREAT IN WINDING MOUNTAIN ROADS. LOOKING FORWARD TO DIVE THIS FORRESTER IN THE SNOW AND OTHER BAD WEATHER CONDITIONS.

Happy Buyer
By pleased buyer on 08/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

I am very pleased with the car. It has excellent pick-up and is a friendly car to drive.

Unexpected Acceleration
By Hung Chen on 08/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Forester Wagon XT AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I am not a big fan of SUV's and wasn't interested in the Forester initially. The WRX attracted my visit to the local Subaru dealer and I ended up test driving both the WRX and the Forester XT. I was blown away with Forester's unexpected acceleration. How can a "practical car" out run a "sport car"? Subaru has created an interesting combination of speed and practicality in the Forester XT. The day after I brought the car I took it out to my favorite surfing spot. My 8 ft surf board fitted nicely with the seats folded down. I didn't even have to use the roof rack. This is truly an unique car for people wanting speed and space.