2004 Subaru Forester Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forester model:
Better Than Outback
By Nicker on 10/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Subaru Forester Wagon XS AWD 4dr Wagon w/Premium Leather Package (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

We traded in our 1999 Limited Edition Outback Wagon which we were very happy with. We love the differences in the Forester - Better performance and more comfortable seats. These sit you up a bit higher and more like a chair. I always felt there was a bad blindspot behind the driver with the Outback that I don't notice with the Forester. Best of all they moved the cup holders!

wifes car
By zim on 10/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Forester Wagon XT AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

big mistake. bought this for my wife, but now i want it. way too fast and fun to drive. bad news is i had to wait for 500 miles to put my foot in it. love to blow off the kids in cameros now.

best car I've owned
By ncmom on 10/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Forester Wagon XS AWD 4dr Wagon w/Premium Package (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I love my Forester. I can't wait to trade up for the newest model! It's so good, I don't have to shop around...ever--as long as they make the Subaru Forester, I'll be driving one!

Buy this Subaru...you won't be sorry!!
By ChuckV on 10/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

All the friends who own Subarus told me that they love the car. I test drove it after driving other brands and it truly is an extremely well built supremely designed automobile. Everything about it is quality. No regrets or buyer's remorse here!

Very Happy!
By llp9 on 10/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Forester Wagon X AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

After months of research and debate -- I'm very glad I chose the Forester. For me the X model has all the necessary features and includes great safety features. I didn't like how other manufactures make you buy a high end model for abs brakes, 4wd, etc. Ride is smooth and quiet! All controls are with in easy reach. I'm very happy!

My 2004 Forester review
By Simba on 10/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Forester Wagon XT AWD 4dr Wagon w/Premium Leather Package (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

Drove it home on the expressway and wasn't paying attention. Looked down and I was doing over 80. Excellent acceleration. Went to pass a slower car and jumped up to 95 in an instant. Traded in a 1999 Outback Wagon. What a difference! Still getting used to it. Not used to all of the visibility. I've never seen such a large sun roof. Love the leather and sound system!

excellent performance wagon
By Homely Forester on 09/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Forester Wagon XT AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

My review is based on 2500 miles. The car is without defects. This is a family wagon that doesn't penalize someone that likes to drive. I highly recommend this car based on it's engine performance, value, modest off road capability and utility. It's comfortable and quiet. There is no exhaust note, all you hear is engine sounds when driving quickly. It's road handling behavior is limited by its tires and height, but is more than adequate for normal driving. Tires do not match its speed capability when driven aggressively. Weak points: tires and fuel economy.

Forester shines
By TonkaManOR on 09/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

I went from a pickup truck to this little SUV. ALthough I miss the hauling capabilities of my pickup, this subie has been great. I have driven it on two long trips this summer and it has returned some great mileage for an AWD. I averaged 27 mpg on this last trip.

Forester Base Model
By ang on 09/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Forester Wagon X AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I only put 1,000 miles on the car so far but I am satisfied with my purchase. For a long time I debated between the Forester, the Xterra, and the Element. I found the Forester to be the best for my buck. It is not a gas guzzler like the Xterra and it is not an experimental automobile like the Element. The ride is smooth and the ergonomics are well done if you are a person of average height and weight. If you are a larger creature you might want to look for a different automobile all together.

Great Buy!!!
By Phillips on 09/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

This is a great all around car. We took it off-road last week and it has great clearance and stability. Follows in the great tradition of Subaru.