2004 Subaru Forester - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forester model:
Watch Out, BMW
By LvB on 11/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Subaru Forester XT AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

I was looking for a cargo friendly, around town vehicle. Got not only that, but also a road trip vehicle. The Forester XT exceeded my expectations: it purrs effortlessly around town, but was a complete surprise on the open highways throughout the west. Great acceleration, tight steering, balanced road hugging at any speed. My other car is a BMW SUV, and frankly I find the Subaru more fun to drive. The difference is that the BMW is quieter, but that difference disappears when the audio system is on. My packagage includes the 7 speaker sound system - I asked my audio contractor for my home remodel to sit in the car as a reference point.

my fifth and best Subaru
By DrEdder on 11/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Subaru Forester XS AWD 4dr Wagon w/Premium Package (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I've had Subaru's since the late 1970's and have put a combined half million miles on the first 4 - and those were mostly Alaskan, Canadian and Minnesota miles. My new Forester feels enev more comfortable and fun than the previous Outbacks and Brats...

Love my Subie
By kinsey on 11/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Subaru Forester XS AWD 4dr Wagon w/Premium Leather Package (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I have put 3,000 miles on my new Forester. This is my second Subaru I have owned and I can't say enough good things about Subaru. Not only is the Forester a fun vehicle to drive, it is super dependable on snowy roads. I wouldn't go anywhere without my Subaru.

My third Subaru
By psychnurse on 11/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Subaru Forester XS AWD 4dr Wagon w/Premium Package (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I am able to go up inclines and through three feet of snow without a problem. Living in the mountains of Colorado made me a customer for life. When I moved to Oregon and experienced black ice, I really became a lifetime Subaru owner. Now in Las Vegas where any rain is a problem for the locals, I am very glad I have my Subaru.

clunky
By dddmuse on 11/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Subaru Forester X AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

It's performance is very good. They were cheap with the materials in the interior, i.e. the rugs and seats and the styling is boring to say the least.

my 2nd forester! my ' 98 is still runnin
By phil333 on 11/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Subaru Forester XS AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

my'98 is still running strong at 105,000 and my teenager will get it

Love it!
By betsy1111111`1111`11 on 11/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Subaru Forester XS AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

great! I did much research and found this car to be the best for our needs. Safety and good gas mileage is important.

Just Love It......
By Ferrara1950 on 11/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Subaru Forester XT AWD 4dr Wagon w/Premium Leather Package (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

Have the XT Premium fot just 2 weeks now, and I just love it....The Turbo is unlike any cay I've ever driven before....Power, comfort, and just enough room for us....I would recommend this car to anyone looking for an suv that doubles as a sports car

XT--Almost Perfect
By Wild Joker on 11/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

Just picked up our 04 gold XT premium with a few extras. Love the effortless acceleration, smooth handling, and feel when compared to our 02. Interior and exterior finishes were excellent, no rattles, great paint.

The REAL Zoom Zoom Zoom
By by Paul on 10/31/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Subaru Forester XT AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I moved from a Z28 with 6 speed (300 hp) to this faster (believe it or not) family hauler. It could handle better, but everything else is perfect.