2003 Subaru Forester 2.5L 4-cyl. AWD 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - What a great ride

2003 Subaru Forester Wagon - Consumer Review

What a great ride
By Zarfo on

2003 Subaru Forester XS AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Never owned a Subaru before, always had honda, VW or Dodge. When my 94 Dakota was failing I saw the re design of the Forester, they took a sick pup and made it look good. I insisted on the 5 speed cause the auto trans in the Dakota was poor and I was giving up a V6 to a 4 and I pull a small trailer. Well the Forester does a better job then the Dakota. The handling and comfort are great. Drove 1400 mile to Florida loaded down for vacation with ease and got up to 32 MPG. Ski trip to Vermont should prove it's worth in real snow. I'm ready to trade in my wife's 02 VW Jetta for another Subaru. I'm very happy with my Forester.

Favorite Features

Styling, comfort,(better seating then our Jetta),fit and finish and no rattles yet. The head and fog lights, wiper deicers, heated seats and no antenna to get broken off. The no roll back feature is good too.

Suggested Improvements

More horse power with out going turbo, who wants to always pay for high test gasoline. Better speakers for the stereo system.